Air Cadet Instructor Sentenced for Child Abuse

Angus is right.
It makes no difference what you do things like this will always happen. The problem is we now try and kid ourselves we are on some sort of moral high ground. The irony is we can all be ‘guilty’ of this, there is no hiding from basic human instincts that exists in both genders. The difference is the vast majority don’t do anything other than cast an eye. My dad in his 80s still comments on young women, although they are invariably older than me!!

As for why nothing has been heard. It’s not something that organisations like to draw attention to as they think it shows they have failed (despite as Angus alludes it really is just a facet of human nature) and would as much as possible hope they can deal with it in house and the situation will go away. But with all the furore over famous peoples’ antics, the cat is well and truly out of the bag on people coming forward. I am in favour of a statute of limitations, so people can be dealt with while it is still relevant and affect the perpetrators and not having lived a full life. It is frustrating that these things seem to come to light years after the perpetrators have left the limelight or died.