AFA expired (cannot renew due to Covid restrictions)

That’s absurd! What crazy reasoning!

I’ve done FAAW and AFA courses, and I’d say that the FAAW is much more aligned to what we do.

FAAW should replace AFA in my eyes

I’ve always toyed with doing the FAAW Instructor course to try and get a second income from it by contracting out to training providers

1 Like

I would contact The Corps FAO. Cause it certainly does… It supercedes the AFA course as its a higher (and actual) qualification.

1 Like

Ridiculous. FAAW is sufficient to teach AFA.

1 Like

Interesting. Where I’m based SJA is slightly easier to get to, but Red Cross might be worth another look then.

I thought it was more about an activity first aid course being suitable for ML etc as outdoor qualifications. Whereas FAAW is more detailed but is not necessarily fit for purpose to support outdoor quals. Tbh, most external FAAW courses have been really good and do talk about more remote scenarios

FAAW certainly accepted in my Wg!

If we wanted to align more closely with our specific activities rather than ‘office’ type risks we should be doing REC or one of the NGA based courses - even a range officer’s FA course.

Here’s what we’ve laid down:

2 Likes

DW Wing are running a course 12-13 April for CFAV; other courses in SW are also starting back up from around then!
RFAO advised on Thurs (25/03) that First Aid quals will be ignored for a few months to allow sqns to get up and going for ‘classroom’ activities only, but there will still need to be a suitably qualified first aider present for any outdoor/AT type activities.

Can I transfer Wings :man_shrugging:t2::roll_eyes:

And you just gave yourself away :wink::wink:

2 Likes

I questioned whether it is just a suitably qualified first aider present, or whether the instructor themselves must hold a valid ticket.

The answer was that the instructor needs to hold the ticket although this is being reviewed.

1 Like

I would always imagine the instructor must hold the ticket as I think all of my quals state they are only valid when I hold a FA ticket.

1 Like