AEF "Paused"

I’m with 5 AEF. If we got a slot we’d phone them to see if it’s a wind up and check the diary to see if it’s 1st April and all that.

It is laughable that it is official sensitive. What on earth to do with AEF is there that is official sensitive? Everyone knows where they operate from, what aircraft they use. Other than they don’t want to create the sort of atmosphere the gliding fiasco created (already doing that) and give the impression the people running it are complete incompetents. Yet again you can draw comparisons with the commercial world, where hiding behind some façade like “official sensitive” would not happen, unless they didn’t want a business. If a company said stop using x, but we can’t tell you why one day, and then being surprised by a media storm and share price collapse.

But what does it matter? It only affects a youth organisation, where volunteer staff morale is low, that has been taking a hiding for several years with respect to its USP and has to try and get excited by some activities the young people they have, can access through other organisations or commercial companies.

Indeed - I wouldn’t want anything I’ve written to be construed as being on the side of of our Social Media Queen, rather that the score is perhaps 99.9999999999999% fail, as opposed to a straight 100%. So inept that she can’t even get that right…

Like everyone else I’m just slack jawed in astonishment that they’ve not put something more informative out on the official channels, both to let everyone know, and as a ‘lesson learned’ over the consequences of the abject failure of communication during the Gliding pause/debacle.

Much more important however than gliding, or flying, or even me getting up at 4.30am on a Saturday morning for no reason is that this very public both hands deconfliction undermines faith in, and acceptance of, HQAC’s leadership in our most critical function - child protection.

Go to another of the current threads and see the most astonishing willful ignorance of basic understanding of power imbalance, grooming, abuse and silencing, and attacks on credibility - all of course by the usual suspects, who frankly, i wouldn’t trust within a thousand miles of my children, so utterly perverse and moronic are their attitudes - one reason why such idiocy is allowed to remain is that, well, if HQAC get everything else wrong, why not CP?

That is the real tradegy of this debacle.

3 Likes

It effects all of us - we are all their customers with potential to attend.

AEF for this weekend is also cancelled.

1 Like

And so the pause begins

2 Likes

How on earth did we cope before the internet :roll_eyes:

We like actually spoke to each other and used intitative. Remember that little thing we used because we didn’t have flow charts to control and manipulate our behaviour…

Does anyone know the reason for the pause yet?
I’ve heard a number of stories…lack of ATC, lack of fire cover, lack of money.

Midweek flying is back on. Just weekends that are currently suspended at some sites so I would suggest you check with your local AEF as to whether they have suspended weekend Ops.

Sounds like someone getting snotty about weekend working then.

I wonder if it’s linked to Capita and it’s recently announced problems.

Pause over all is back up and running, or so I’m told!

With two exceptions (one of which wasn’t flying cadets anyway).

Your RAvnO will have been briefed by now, I hope, so check your BADER emails…

Given that I still don’t have anything about the pause, I doubt I’ll get anything about the unpause!

Same. I doubt there was much AEF to be paused over the period.

Weather was dreadful here over both weekends, so I doubt much harm was done.

Yes, we have had formal notification that the AEF “pause” is over…

We have NOT had any notification (formal or otherwise) about the reason for the pause. Sub-optimal communication to say the least.

Pause is over for us. Sensibly everything is being moved back a month so no one misses out!!
Still don’t know why we can’t be trusted with the real reason!

1 Like