Advice Regarding Flt Lt OC

Isn’t everything above Fg Off an acting rank anyway, or has that changed under the CFC?

You are right Incy, but I meant acting rank (unpaid) for sqn cdrs if they fall short of the acting(paid) requirements - at least that’s how I’m interpreting it)

All still Fg Off and acting up

ch 204 of ACP 20 says rank for roll so you get the rank that the roll you are getting. All well and good but there is a but to this. If a sqn goes from an type A to a type B or a type E to a type F1 the Sqn Cdr gets to keep their rank the only loss is to the substantive pay for the role after a year.

Shouldn’t the rules be the same for all officers either you are what you are or you are not.
If your sqn gets to the magic 100 cadets for the two reporting periods and the OC gets the promotion and the pay, if the numbers then drop shouldn’t you loose the scraper ring as would a WSO going back to a sqn?

It does happen where WSO’s revert to former ranks when returning to a Sqn. I’m aware of an officer in my former Wg who was a Sqn Ldr for the best part of 12 years but has now reverted to Flt Lt upon changing role.

There was also a SATT Adjt who relinquished the higher rank when leaving the SATT and going back to a Sqn.

I only occasionally use SharePoint so still have issues finding my way around, can you advise where this is? The only ask the commandant bit has the most recent question as July 2016.

the question title is “promotion delays”

found
Sharepoint
LHS menu >Valuing our volunteers
Ask the team
top topic (at the time of typing)

2 Likes

Yeah that…:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Ta much