Advertising Courses

1. Create a bidding event on SMS
  2. email event link to RATTO/WATTO/OCW
  3. Follow up email 2 weeks after to all-OCs
  4. Sit back and watch all the bids flow in :smile:
1 Like

This was foremost in my mind - checking my understanding that personnel can see an event (given the link) and bid for it without their unit being invited?

If so, that’s probably the most efficient route.

1 Like

I didn’t say I agreed with it, it is a source of immense frustration, but it is a blocker for people seeing it.

Is part of the application form going to be asking for our Air Cadet Central User name so you can identify people :joy::joy:

Lol, no, I don’t care… all we care about is whether people are likely to take ages to train in how to move a boat about in a moderate water environment.

1 Like

Don’t worry it was a joke, that would be very odd!

I am looking forward to hearing more about this opportunity and looking more at the AT link above when I’m on a desktop.

Does a good quality capsize qualify as a “moving a boat in moderate water”? #askingforafriend

As for advertising it, RATTO and WATTO route, a note on the Course Calendar, a message in the AT Training Hub thing and Facebook posts on the Llanbedr and Windermere Centre pages - that should reach the masses and force the message if the WATTO route fails.

2 Likes

Less about the quality of capsize, more about the quality of getting back in after! :smiley:

In all seriousness, training will be included (including the getting back in bit) - but we need people to have a reasonable level of kayak skill so they can adapt to the nuances of a sea boat relatively quickly - otherwise it’s a Sea PPA rather than an exped.

1 Like

That AT page Facebook page idea is good.

Where are you thinking btw?

Isle of Skye

1 Like

@redowling Just seen a course announcement on the Windermere Facebook page about what I can only assume is the course you were talking about. Just thought I’d share to say it is being seen at least!

2 Likes

Yep, it’s gone via email, AT portal and SM within about 10mins of each other.

3 Likes

And it worked. The message in is spreading… Nearly as fast as covid. But not quite.

(Too soon??)

2 Likes

You beat me too it, I was just going to say I saw it on FB.

Edit, saw the post around AT being under training so will look later, although I don’t have the experience for this year.

The post I saw was from NACATC Windermere. It had the link to the details on the post.

Seems like the majority are seeing it on social media so far! Will be interesting to see how quickly it filters down.

Remember to add the ‘how did you hear about this course’ in to the course critique.

5 Likes

Nothing official sent to me yet…

I’ve certainly not seen an email yet, no.

@redowling another idea if you want a wider spread is email to the region/wing POCs and ask if they can then add a link to the AT portal on to their relevent SharePoint pages?

Well my Wing can’t say they don’t know, it’s gone out on email, Staff FB Page and the Public Facing FB page.

1 Like

tbf, I’ve only heard about it here. I don’t use fb enough to find things out from amongst the noise of other groups I follow (and nothing official here yet either)