Adult Sergeant

Hi,

I am trying to become an Adult Sergeant on my Sqn but have no idea what it is i actually have to learn or research. Staff have informed me that i need to learn, the RAF, ATC, Wing structure, ACP’s etc is there anything else?

Help welcome

Seems a pretty good startng point with absolute must of the addition of drill.

I would suggest getting your area WO/SNCO down or someone who’s gone through it recently.

[quote=“Harvie” post=5288]Hi,

I am trying to become an Adult Sergeant on my Sqn but have no idea what it is i actually have to learn or research. Staff have informed me that i need to learn, the RAF, ATC, Wing structure, ACP’s etc is there anything else?

Help welcome[/quote]

Your wing should have a Staff Development Officer who can help you.

[quote=“Operation Nimrod” post=5290][quote=“Harvie” post=5288]Hi,

Help welcome[/quote]

Your wing should have a Staff Development Officer who can help you.[/quote]

What’s one of those?! :blink:

What’s one of those?! :blink:[/quote]

an Officer who’s tasked at developing Staff… :dry:

in all seriousness

are you ex-Cadet/forces or coming into uniform with no military background?

if the latter i would get out on parade as much as possible and get practical with the drill the Cadets perform each night, if you arent familiar with what do each night it will be hard to maintain credibility

if the former, study what the Cadets do as a minimum, things may have changed since your Cadet days, and although similiar to the regular forces there is differences between how the Cadets do things

in the same vien look through the dress regs, no need to memorise it but gain an appreciation of what is expected from uniform, how certain items are worn or placed and what can/cant be worn with what

Shadowing another SNCO may also help, if you have one already on Sqn you’ll already have an appreciation of what is required, but it is important not to “copy” their style/personality - firstly the cadets will pick up on it and think you’re just trying to copy, and secondly it is important you adopt your own style and approach

What’s one of those?! :blink:[/quote]

an Officer who’s tasked at developing Staff… :dry:[/quote]

Yes thanks…I’ve not heard anyone doing it before.

This is all great. Thanks for your help. I’m a former Cdt and everything has changed a lot since “the old days”

Many thanks for your comments.