ACPS Applications

Hi all,

Firstly, this is my first post on this forum, so I apologise if I’ve put it in the wrong place.

Is anyone aware if their Wing/Region are accepting applicants for the Air Cadet Pilot Scheme? Obviously, with not being down at squadron, I cannot really get a form to the Boss to sign off, and to send to wing. Missed out last year as I was a few days too young (sucks to be me). I know the ACPS has been postponed this year, and I am assuming they are going to re-allocate places for the next year. Will I have to wait another year?

Cheers

Applications are accepted year round but individual region’s deadlines are usually around October-December. I’d email your OC and check. Full details are available in ACTO 34, available here: https://cadets.bader.mod.uk/training/aviation.

Best case (for you), you will apply as normal. Worst case, all those who were meant to have a scholarship this year (who have not aged out) will be allocated a place next year. It’s also possibly they’ll take applications as normal but prioritise those who didn’t get to do it this year. It’s currently undecided what they are going to do. If in doubt, send in an application.

Also note the financial year which ACPS runs off is 1 April-31 March.

Your OC/Adj will be able to get you the most relevant and up-to-date information.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.