ACP20 Pers Form 1-19

This is exactly my point, there is an assumption from on high that we all have alerts configured - Admin Burden, and that when we connect we have the time to have a general nose and see if anything has appeared that could be important, 99% of the time if you login SharePoint you do so for a reason which is never to check the scrolling announcements.

An old OC of mine said if it’s important enough there’ll email me

The idea of sharepoint is fine in theory, but in practice it’s a farce and has been since day 1 and through all of its updates and changes.

As has been said on numerous occasions we need proper document control like we used have with updates and amendments. It wasn’t perfect as they mostly came out much later than they were dated, but you knew about it and because it was on paper you were inclined to read it. Back in the day I was completely aware of changes etc as I had held a bit of paper and read it.

like what CRO could be??

It would make it worth reading…

Don’t make me get my moderating hat on and remind people to stay on topic :wink:

I guess by your ACC activity you don’t spend much time at work? :smile:

2 Likes

I have a question.

When they talk about “lawful instructions” which law are they using to give us instructions?
To force anyone to do something, or not do something, requires an Act of Parliament, hence the Air Force Act. As they now state we are no longer subject to the Air Force Act, not being Military personnel, that law no longer applies. Has there been an Air Cadet Act slipped through in all this Brexit confusion?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that a lawful instruction is any instruction that is not illegal.

Ie “go and teach principles of flight” or “fetch me the first aid kit”.

In the cadet context, lawful may also imply within the rules of the organisation.

3 Likes

I have also just seen the bit about “Superior Officers”. They do not exist!! There are Senior Officers, but they are not superior to me or anyone else!:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Careful with that joke, it’s an antique…

I’m not saying it as a joke!!

I understand your point, but that would be just an instruction, which is what your examples are. Lawful instructions are ones that are backed by law, allowing or stopping your from doing things.
The rules of the RAF are written in law (the Air Force Act). Where are the rules of the RAFAC laid down? Have they been published?
I have an example, which may get the discussion going! Drinking on duty, where is the rule written down saying when and where you can do this? Obviously the laws around Drink Drive and being Drunk in charge of a child would be enforced. But who could stop a member of staff from drinking on duty, when not driving or in charge of cadets?

1 Like

They’re really not - “lawful (and reasonable) instruction” is a fairly fundamental principle in employment law; it applies to any job whether or not there is a legal obligation to obey.

2 Likes

What about shave that beard off sir, they are not allowed. Is that a "lawful " instruction?

ACP20 personell instruction 114

for those with access - Sharepoint link

but specifically:

no intention on the side of either party that this agreement should create an employment relationship or worker arrangement either now or at any time in the future.

Hmm this reads for all the world like a employment contract, except there is nothing where it says that HQAC / HQRAFAC will do anything for us or give us anything.

It is just a list of “I agree” , “i accept” , “I undertake” etc statements for us to sign, drawn up in isolation by SLT.

What do we get out of the organisation, that benefits us for giving up OUR free time?

What is the organisation giving to us, to give us a benefit for giving up OUR free time?

It makes you wonder what are they so worried about that this has to be signed by a certain date?

What is coming next? That by signing this we won’t have any recourse over, except stopping doing it.

Me thinks it’s the review and reduction of VA / introduction of this low flat rate for all staff and brining in command pay

i could believe that more if the deadline was 31st March/1st April for the new financial year…

delaying it past that dates means for that new year there will still be a mix in pay, at least initially.

I am not an accountant but i would have thought it makes sense to start a new Financial Year with a new policy in place…?

This gives them 8 months to mop up ready for a potential new remuneration policy to be in place for FY 19/20…

fair.

i guess any new VA decision isn’t going to be turned around quickly…