ACP20 Pers Form 1-19

In a word no. I believe the corps is sailing very close to wind by delegating H & S responsibility to an unpaid volunteer. The seem to forget that much of what we do as CFAV is unpaid.
RC (W&W) has been tasked to look at remuneration. Also a previous RC (N) who then changed jobs and had a big impact on gliding put out a paper on reforming pay when he was stilll a RC. Has opening gambit was that you are all volunteers why SHOULD they get paid. I paraphrase but that is the gist of it.
One of the options was pay baised on yor role. Sqn cdr would get x amount a year, sqn execs less sqn staff less again. Exercise commander would get more than exercise staff. but this would be less than current pay but be offset by role pay.
RC(W&W) hopefully start from scratch.

From the HSE:

Health and safety legislation doesn’t generally apply to someone who is not an employer, self-employed or an employee.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/faqs/charities.htm

So how can CFAVs be responsible under the HSaW Act 1974?

1 Like

Exactly!!
Another unforeseen consequence of this change!
What others are hiding in plain sight!

bang goes shooting, camps, flying, etc

I’m not sure that’s the threat it once was.

6 Likes

Does this mean those on FTRS and civil service contracts are the designated people responsible for health and safety, as it looks as if that responsibility cannot be designated to a volunteer.

So therefore by changing the rules the CFAVS can say in effect ‘not my problem guv’ and those who are paid will to take responsibility at all times, even when they are nowhere near any activity. Could be a very busy time for them and a lot of paperwork going to be needed to be signed off.

Again unforseen circumstances.

I have started a new topic as I didn’t want to receive a picture of chocolate bar!! Health & Safety and Responsible Persons

2 Likes

Hmmm … note to self … try not to get bothered. Good, done that, move on.

<\facetiousness>

There’s the cop out clause, ‘doesn’t generally’ means rules can be altered to suit.

1 Like

Bod or Bods?

Not bothered. They get paid handsomely for doing sod all.

I was reading CAC’s Christmas message.
Something that has intrigued me is the call for getting more “volunteers”. Did the VA bring more losses than envisaged? If like our sqn and several others I know of, getting rid of people who no matter how many times you tell Wing and send them missives to the same, they just never went off the books, but they have now. This doesn’t include those who said ‘screw you’ when given a bit of paper to sign earlier in the year.
I was looking at the reports page and there doesn’t seem to be a report relating to how many CFAV there are.

1 Like

Or were before all this?

I’m not sure there is a report for raw staff numbers as there is for cadets.

There will be, but not at our level of access.

Which makes no sense.

Never the less I imagine many would be interested to know the numbers just before and just after the cut off dates and computer runs.

I can think of at least 7 who would have been deleted from squadron staff counts.

I still haven’t heard anything yet…

I do rather wondering if I got culled before the date so that I didn’t get counted as a stroppy protest.

Seems to be being implemented at RHQ level rather than HQ? I’ve seen different people report different actions.

I was told to do the non-attendance admin, that email was placed in the “urgent email to be ignored” file.

2 Likes

This the stats you were looking for?
From the MOD Sponsored Cadet Forces Statistics May 2018