ACO Convention

More presentations here

Nothing about the CFC. Appalling Shows how much they value the volunteer no mention of the that has totally hacked off the majority of the officer corps of the ACO.

Also a PowerPoint of a presentation is not communication. there should be minutes of each meeting showing what was actually said and what questions were asked. Nothing personally identifiable but a indication of what was discussed.

Couldnā€™t minutes be obtained (if there are any) through FOI?

Perhaps it takes quite a bit of time to get minutes prepared for a 3-day convention, in amongst routine work, then approved for publication?

I am not sure if minutes or some other sort of report are planned - that is a different question.
If they are, they will take some time to prepare. The release of the presentation files is not in lieu of minutes but it is in leie of a lot of note-taking by the delegates.

Iā€™ve never seen minutes or comprehensive notes relating to presentations / discussions at a convention. Iā€™ve not seen this yearā€™s efforts on s/point but I imagine vacuous at best. Iā€™ve looked at them in the past and itā€™s a ppt title page and nothing else, probably because they had nothing else to say.

Youā€™d like to think itā€™s an AGM for the Corpsā€™ senior bods. From what Iā€™ve understood convention is not for discussions etc, itā€™s just there to get the party message across and woe betide whoever asks questions, isnā€™t in complete agreement or stops clapping first.

At the moment there is a lot going on that we need to be fully aware of and the fact it seems to be secret squirrel, says to me our august leaders are as in the dark as we are, which if is the case speaks volumes. However if they are in the know the fact they seem incapable of sharing speaks volume for how much they value us. I donā€™t care if they tell us something and it all changes, better that, than nothing.

Iā€™d be interested to know who said the quote the Commandant used in her presentation, what their status in the corps was and what it is nowā€¦

Aims of the convention.
To bring everyone up-to-date
To enable an exchange of views across the whole of the Organisation (ATC, CCF, 2FTS, permanent and volunteer)

I Believe what some people say and what happens can be two different things or it illustrates the gulf between the paid staff and the volunteer.

Iā€™m not going to give chapter and verse on here but trust me, some of us did ask difficult questions and got honest answers to them. I donā€™t recognise the cynical sniping in this thread at all.

I believe it was posted from a ghost profile!

WhT quote?

Read her presentation. She quotes someone that commented on one of her Facebook posts.

Roger. Will have a look when next on a PC

You have decimated flying, decimated gliding, have a stealth ban on new ranges in cadet huts, taken years too long to replace the No 8 and now in insufficient numbersā€¦you are dissolving the ACO and trying to force the name ATC out of use in favour of your brand RAFAC, you are throwing volunteers out of the RAFā€¦.instead of the parentage we have previously enjoyed you donā€™t respect volunteers enough to let them remain within the RAF When will we see this ā€œrespect for volunteersā€ manifest itself as some table thumping leadership to maintain the organisationā€™s fundamental syllabus and portfolio rather than simple photo opps with cadets and dinners?ā€

Ballsy.

4 Likes

Looking at the Powerpoints, how on earth did this take three days?! The AT presentation gives no information whatsoever.

What we need are the actual notes which accompany the Powerpoints.

Perhaps some speakers used PowerPoint correctly as a list of headlines for their subject and a general visual aid, while they spoke at length about the matter at hand.

They are presentation aids, not detailed notes, and will be of most value to jog the memories of those who were present.

1 Like

Yes, frustratingly for those of us not there some speakers have tried to use PowerPoint as intended and not done what most poor presenters do and upload word for word their presentation.

Not unsurprisingly the original comment on Facebook that the Cmdt has quoted has disappeared.

1 Like

And access has been taken away from me on SharePoint now.
EDIT: I donā€™t have access to any part of SharePoint so it might not be restricted access.

shurely notā€¦

what was the Great Leadersā€™ gracious response to this treason, this samizdat that dared impune Her mighty achievements?

And me, I think thatā€™s more of a system thing thoughā€¦
Either way Iā€™m wearing my silver foil hat

1 Like