ACO Announcements

Foolishly, I subscribe to alerts on ACO Announcements.

Today this got posted;

“The ACO Controlled Documents now sits under Key Documents which features at the top left handside of the page under “view all site content” pane.”

Why is this being changed, we all knew where to go for these documents, surely there are better things the perm staff could be doing…

1 Like

Nope, the Corps is in such spiffing shape, as we all know, that all they have to do all day is pointless administrative tasks.

I feel so lucky to be part of a organisation that has no issues or problems that the permanent staff can put their feet up like this.

2 Likes

That is why I could find it earlier… :

WTF. Why???

deck chairs and all that :ship:

These scrolling annoucements just get better and better - the title/subject is woolly at best and the body seems to just contain a single word that links to the actual annoucement.

Example

The Value of Volunteering with the RAF Air Cadets - How Employers can Help not something you would have got from the title! The link directs to a plain text block within a word doc (could have easily gone as the announcement) it contains another link to a document we can share with our employers.

If only the covering note was in the announcement it would have been clear and may have more use. It’s no wonder a lot of us don’t bother with SharePoint Announcements - it requires effort to login and look, and it’s easier to extract blood from a stone that information from an announcement…

Other recent examples;

Remembrance Parade Security Advice - better title but useless body!

RIAT 2018 Calling Notice - another link to a link :ohmygod:

3 FTS News Update No 3 - link for something produced by 2FTS with 0 commentary or reason to click

We’re being watched the title has been changed to 2FTS…:astonished: