ACLC with damaged braces

Hey everyone, I am going on an ACLC course later this month and was hoping for some advice- yesterday I woke up and heard a crack from my brace, upon investigation I found that a bracket had come off one of my teeth. It’s being held in place by the wire as it’s near the middle of the lower row of teeth.
My question is, should this be disclosed to the ACLC staff and would it have an impact with the course? I’m aware they don’t want people arriving with undisclosed injuries however as it is, the brace is not causing me any pain, discomfort or making me change how I eat. Does anyone have any suggestions on how best to proceed?
I am also unable to get them repaired before the start of the course so this option is not available to me.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

I don’t think this should have any impact on your participation, if you and your parents are happy. It’s certainly worth mentioning to the ACLC staff once you’re there, just in case it could become an issue later in the week.

2 Likes

Can you get to see your dentist for advice?

Just book in with your Orthodontist. My Daughter’s blocks keep coming off and we can get an appointment within a couple of days.

Better to get it sorted sooner than later.

1 Like

Ordinarily I would but I am abroad right now and won’t be able to see them before heading off on ACLC. My next routine appointment is right after ACLC so I will have to get it fixed then.

In that case I’d suggest sending them an email asking them to confirm that you’d be ok doing the course. Then at least you’ve got that in case any over officious CFAV tries to cause problems.

And enjoy ACLC it’s an amazing course

5 Likes

It’s been 30 years since I did it, but I would second that.

Funnily enough so did I. Was that at RAF Hereford?

No, it was at Halton when I did it.