ACLC 2023

So ACLC 2023 has been announced on Facebook and Twitter. It says to speak to your squadron/section staff for more information. I’ve already had one of my cadets email and ask. Has anyone had any more information, as currently all I’ve seen is the same Facebook post they have!

I haven’t even seen that much.

Same old, same old.

1 Like

Nothing on SharePoint, or as comms in this neck of the wood that I’m aware of (but I’m not an OC, so may have gone to their accounts?), though the ACTO has recently been updated.

Interestingly, the leadership section on the training hub doesn’t mention ACLC, but does still say that that applications for JL23 (which has already started) are still open…

1 Like

Just found this on SharePoint. Thanks to @WestlandScout :grin:

2 Likes

I wonder what the rationale is for posting a message on social media aimed at cadets in the middle of the day when they’re going to be at school or college? :thinking:

Because kids never look at social media during the school day

2 Likes

I haven’t got anything via email but did find the document with all the details on it on Sharepoint (including the codes for the online application side)

I don’t think it’s a problem it going out on social media so we can get the info to the cadets because for whatever reason it’s not getting to staff. By previous years we are likely to get it just before the deadline and not have time to actually do anything properly.

1 Like

10 Likes

It really isn’t difficult. Send an email to all OC’s with the relevant detail and then promote it on Social Media.

A joined up approach where we all live in harmony.

2 Likes

Or at the very least, see it’s gone on SM and know that I can find the information easily on SharePoint!

The training hub would be ideal… But, maybe next year?

I think I mentioned on here before that Sqn Ldr CCF had sent the info out to CCF section commanders in advance along with a warning about the social media posts. Shame it didn’t filter through the ATC CoC

We had an email from WHQ re this with all details and links on 07 Nov, and looking at the CC list it went to all RHQs.

Imagine a world where it was possible to send an announcement to the organisation or even an email to all Sqn Cdrs.

We could call it a distribution list :eyes:

6 Likes

We could ever give all staff their own email maybe? That way those without a primary role could also see these annanoncements? :thinking:

Nothing new. Had hoped this would stop with change of command. Really is bad when it’s on SM and says “Ask Staff for more info” when nothing has been promulgated to staff. Don’t know about anyone else but I don’t have time to scour the myriad of SM sites. Official announcements should go through official channels to official accounts.

Received an email on Sunday night with all the details - I think a standby email was sent to all wing (maybe region) training officers giving the heads up so I suspect that the heads up email is probably stuck in peoples inboxes before cascading.