ACF Drill Manual

Odd request:
Does anyone know where to find, or if one actually exists, an official Drill Manual for the ACF. An AP818 but army cadet? Does one exist and how does one find it? Is it the drill manuals for the British Army? Still what is it called and how does one find it.

I’m sorry for the weird question and if it doesn’t make sense.

MacMaghnuis.

AC72147 - Army Cadets Drill & Turnout Training Manual is what they should be using, should be on defence gateway.

2 Likes

But, different ACF units will be affiliated to different regiments, so the drill will differ. I did a joint Oxfordshire event once with SCC/ACF/ATC/CCF and the ACF do Rifles (light) drill…

1 Like

Thank you all,

I left the ATC after some issues with how, not complaints but along the same lines, relating to other cadets are handled, or should I say not handled. It’s not me being all woke and angry with the system, there was some complaints against me and I wasn’t allowed to know what they were and therefore there was no way to rectify the issues. Big long story that ended up on me leaving the squadron because the staff wouldn’t communicate the issues, overall the squadrons management and organisational skills were very awful so I should have expected this.

I’m getting off track.

I was a Cdt-Sgt and obviously I need to know drill to a high standard, but now that the ACF have taken me in, the difference in drill is showing, I just wanted to see if I could catch up quicker and reading the regs was the idea that came to mind.

If anyone has some tips to make the transition from ATC to ACF easier that would be highly appreciated.

Edit I forgot to sign off the post,

MacMaghnuis.

1 Like

What regiment is your new ACF unit affiliated to? You can usually get a specific drill manual from the internet and find videos on Youtube so you can get the detail.

1 Like

The unit that has taken me in is affiliated with the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers. I’m sorry for asking so many questions, it is a completely different way from ATC. In a way it would carry more tradition and values when associated with a particular unit or regiment so I can see why the system is different.

Thank you all for your replies,

MacMaghnuis.

I’d refer to the AC referenced above in the first instance and then work out the regimental quirks from there. Uniform tends to be where the differences, PS12(a) part 8 is your friend for that.

1 Like