ACC, Kunena and the future?!?

pEp,

make an account on all of them so i can show you the backend :wink: !!

I like the myBB

Iā€™ve made an account on mybb, but I had to swap the theme before I could! The red version doesnā€™t give you the option.

there was a menu - top left, but iā€™ve put it back to default. Youā€™re now an admin etc!

do the same on codoforum to compare/contrast

Coco doesnā€™t like me. Had 2 errors from php when I registered and then a fatal error when clicking the email confirmation link.

I canā€™t stand Windows 8 but I like nodeBB.

MyBB seems very similar to the current setup. Is there any need to change to something so similar?

On Codo, thereā€™s an enormous sidebar which seems a bit unnecessary.

MyBB offers really good moderation features which we simply donā€™t have on this board. And a decent PM system. And itā€™s essentially a phpBB board for those that liked the old look.

Nowā€¦
this looks great fun:

http://acc.maia-internet.com

itā€™s Discourse!

Hi all,

Iā€™ve managed to get the importer working for the Discourse install for testing.

http://acc.maia-internet.com

your accounts are there but youā€™ll need to do a password reset to login.

All the posts as of midnight last night are there - itā€™s totally separate from the current forum so post away!

cheers

DJ

Iā€™m a ruby guy if you decide to go with discourse and need a hand with anything tricky.

Thatā€™s great to know - this is my first foray into Ruby/Rails/Docker so I might need a hand :wink:

What do you think of it so far?

cheers

Hello all, it has been a long time, but Iā€™ve popped up again.

FB exploded yesterday with a publicly visible thread about the social media policy, so it looks like there is still a need for somewhere out of sight where people (of all ages) can chew the fat. That particular thread disappeared - coincidentally minutes after the 2011 SMP got posted on it - oh bitter sweet irony!

Anyhooo, so far as functionality goes, so long as its simple enough for a comparitive technophobe to moderate, and serves a purpose in perhaps keeping some of the stuff in fb etc appearing in public view Iā€™m very happy to be led by the technophiles.

The ACC Disccourse BETA hasnā€™t seen much activity thus far - have a look, reset your password and let me know what you think.

If youā€™re a mod here, youā€™re a mod there!

Cheers

PS - give it a minute, itā€™s server is updating!

Itā€™s all up and running B)

Iā€™m not keen on discourse. It looks very clean but I just donā€™t like the structure of it.

Just logged in and had a playā€¦overall Iike the simplicity of it and the mod tools seem intuitive and easy.

thanks guys,

what is it about the structure? The way itā€™s shown on the screen - ie by latest post or category etc???

Edit:

could you have a play using the mod tools and looking into the wiki function - looks interesting!

One issue that Iā€™m not sure of.

In the User table all emails are visable to me. IS this just on a Mod/Admin account or are all user emails visable to all accounts? Just a PERSEC problem possibly.

it should be just for mods/admins

can you post the url and iā€™ll check with my ā€˜regularā€™ user account

Ta