ACC Foodies - What are you Eating and Drinking?

Starter: Baked Brie with Pecans and a Plum Sauce
Mains: Roasted Stuffed Peppers with Lamb

Chardonnay to wash it down

1 Like

Starting feel like I should start trying this wine malarkey! Surely I should be past the cheap laget at 32?

As long as its not cheap wine, you’ll be fine

1 Like

Lambrini it is then

1 Like

Bad WO.

Bad bad WO.

:joy::rofl:

1 Like

My Boss is currently saving a fortune by buying cheap wine.

Post-covid, neither he or his wife have got a sense of taste or smell; as such they’ve also lost all sense of decency and standards and are merrily drinking vinegaresque cooking wine.

Apparently this - and weight loss - have been the only upsides so far.

I hear good things about the pink one.

On a more serious note… I can’t stomach red wine or port, poor life choices around 18 years old make me poorly just by the smell of it… Similar effect to Jagermeister

Strewth. If this mystical ACC Fest ever materialises sit next to me and we’ll go through a wine list for a thorough tasting session :+1:

2 Likes

I’ll take an Argentinian Malbec.

2 Likes

This… Chardonnay is far down on my list, especially whites… but don’t get me started about people who enjoy a Chablis but don’t like Chardonnay :rofl:

I think my White Wine preference is Sauvignon Blanc
Red Wine: Dependant on food pairing, but Zinfandel.

I was spoilt in my previous career … company wine tasting trips to Napa

This. Or a Carmenere.

Call yourself a WO?

No wait he’s a WWO…

Shameful

3 Likes

I didn’t realise people still drank port. I think I’ve unironically only heard of it from historical naval fiction.

It is a favourite of mine particularly at Christmas. our house don’t limit it to Christmas normally but with a baby on the way alcohol hasn’t been a high priority in the evenings!

There are some “old and bold” SNCOs/WOs in our wing who are partial to a port of an evening - besides what do you put out to toast the queen at a dining in night? Guidelines indicate it should be port, madeira or water…

ive seen Ribena used in the past

I love port.

But I hate gout more than I love port.

1 Like

I would not be amused

3 Likes

Congratulations.

First?

If so. Drink now.
You’ll need it.

1 Like

It was for the little ones to join in

I’d recommend starting on a muscat and working your way from there. As they’re sweet dessert wines then it’s an easy in (in my opinion!).