ACC Foodies - What are you Eating and Drinking?

So last night prepared the Tenderloin for tonight meal:

Eat: Beef Wellington, Red-Wine Jus, pan-fried tenderstem brocoli and a carrot and swede mash.

Drink: Finishing the bottle used for the Red Wine Jus, 2014 - Napa Valley, Stags Leap “Hands of Time” Red Blend

Photo to follow if I haven’t overcooked the meat :joy: (The pastry was a nightmare and wasn’t golden brown so I had to keep it in the oven a bit too long for my liking)

Edit: Success - shall we play rate my plate?

5 Likes

Are you in the “council cuisine (rate it then slate it)” group on Facebook? It’s hardly ‘council’ but they would love that :thinking:

I’m in one of those groups… but I have colleagues from my old job to slate it for me.

Those groups always say the same thing about steak that looks can be brought back to life… its tiring :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Especially tiring since the ultimate way to have a steak is blue, anything more than medium rare is just a flip flop😅

4 Likes

Honestly looks banging. 10/10, would have for dinner!

2 Likes

Definitely just found a host for ACC Fest 2022 :joy:

5 Likes

Please can we make this a thing?

1 Like

I’m down for it

1 Like

Just popped open a 2007 late bottled vintage, Cockburns Port…

3 Likes

…and should have finished it by midnight

1 Like

The mac and cheese and bacon toastie from coasta is out of this world.

2 Likes

Was it actually any good? the flavour develops as a result of aging in the barrel not the bottle. Often port that has sat in the bottle for years on end is grim!

Not all port ages like this I should add. But i once witnessed a 10 year old bottle of port opened which was clearly past it :joy:

You’re talking about the Saturated fat? Salt? Cholesterol?

3 Likes

That sounds incredible!

1 Like

Both.

Was… And still is superb…

Having another glass or three tonight…

1 Like

Not eating yet, but Aldi have Wagyu steaks as a Special buy. I had one year or so and it was very good so I’m glad I managed to pick one up again.

If you like your steak and are near an Aldi, go go go!

1 Like

First Christmas meal of the year tonight. I know its only November

I had mine during the week… The McDonalds Christmas stack was great