6 medals? Good news!

https://jive.defencegateway.mod.uk/docs/DOC-985905

For all you in light blue, congrats! The RAF have decided to pay for court mounting if you have 6 medals. Better hold off if the coronation medal makes a difference!

Edit: Apologies, I may have jumped the gun. It specifies regular and reserve. Might be worth you all enquiring though.

1 Like

To answer a question on the wearing relative’s medals thread that has now closed, overlapping of medals can start at 5. Largely depends on how broad you are.

You also start overlapping miniatures when it starts to look silly.

1 Like

The target audience for the IBN is “All RAF Regular and Reserve personnel”. Does not include RAFAC Personnel.

Also has the footnote which states " This includes all Full Time Reserve Service (FTRS), Part Time Volunteer Reserve (PTVR), Additional Duties Commitment (ADC), Volunteer Ex-Regular Reserve (VeRR) and RAF Volunteer Reserves (RAFVR) personnel."

1 Like

AEF pilots will get it then (along with the remaining few VGS pilots with VR commissions)

3 Likes

You can claim back up to ÂŁ93 for mount, loops and ribbons? Blooming heck, I need to up my prices.

That’s fully £30 more than I would charge :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Maybe your prices should go to precisely ÂŁ93 then :joy:

Or charge your normal price, with an option of a receipt saying ÂŁ93 if they pay an extra ÂŁ10.
#don’treallydothisunlessyouwanttobechargedanddischarged

Needs to be claimed on a JPA form 016. Not sure if RAFAC have access to this but your WExO should be able to advise.

Note it also includes bars so if you’ve all the jubilee medals (3), coronation medal plus CFM and need a bar you can claim.

Ah the Trotter profit sharing scheme.

2 Likes

Please see earlier post:

The target audience for the IBN is “All RAF Regular and Reserve personnel”. Therefore, does not include RAFAC Personnel.

Also has the footnote which states " This includes all Full Time Reserve Service (FTRS), Part Time Volunteer Reserve (PTVR), Additional Duties Commitment (ADC), Volunteer Ex-Regular Reserve (VeRR) and RAF Volunteer Reserves (RAFVR) personnel."

1 Like

I have said a few times rhat we are nolonger connected to the RAF - now it is official !!

Who is the Commandant’s boss?

Being connected to the RAF doesn’t mean we should get everything they have. We are a youth organisation not a military force.

3 Likes

@DJRice

2 Likes

You mean we can’t have Typhoons and F35s? Bummer!

1 Like

There was a Sqn down in LaSER that had a whole Harrier at one point

But the ‘connection’ is getting more & more tenuous every yesr - we might as well join the Air Scouts (they get more flying by all accounts !)

Sqn up my way is attached to an air museum and they had an aircraft gate guard for some time.

2 Likes

That was me when I was on 2366 Bletchley Park.
Loved my Harrier.