3822's

Has anyone suggested this to the Admin Burden Reduction team?

Any funky card reading, chip scanning RFID system will get shot down by the MoD, since itā€™s a better system than exists for the Armed Forces.

I can see cadet Bader logins, so they can update their own info JPA style, along with a MoD90 type ID card, which will most likely be applied for and supplied the same way as staff MoD90s.

Cadets would probably prefer a Bader ā€˜profileā€™ to the blue book for recording stuff they do, anyway. EDofE already works that way and Ultilearn shows the will is there to put stuff like that more into the cadets hands.

Not only that TL, you have all of the MoD security accreditations that BADER has (at least I assume it has). I doubt very much whether the Sy people would let you connect stuff to it and download data.

RAF Policemen and computers, never a good combination which benefits the Service as a whole!

Well it has an RAF Form Number and is progressing apparentlyā€¦

https://sharepoint.bader.mod.uk/Tasks/Lists/ProjectTasks/DispForm.aspx?ID=22

Title MT004-3822 Replacement
Complete 40%
Cost in days 171.

So it takes nearly 400 days work to decide whether we need ID cards and not log booksā€¦

MOD for you

[quote=ā€œPlt Off Pruneā€ post=14970]

Someone did the maths a while back and came up with the conclusion that ID cards would be cheaper than book printing. Was it a 80% saving per unit??? Canā€™t recall sorry.[/quote]

Yes, but as an I/D card serves a different purpose to a Record of Service book this is a meaningless comparison.

Ask your local CCF(RAF) unit if you can have a look at their ID cards. Weā€™ve been using them since September.

The old B/Cadets form, CCF Record of Service (our version of the 3822) has been replaced by:

1. Fold-out ID card with tick boxes for permissions, medical info, &c, cadet name and address and photo, and OCā€™s signature;
  2. Shooting record card (no record of WHT though)
  3. Flying and gliding record card
  4. Parental consent form, to be kept at the unit.

one of each per cadet. All other info is to be recorded only on Squadron Management System. (Remember we are not a Squadronā€¦ all the CCF-specific changes I request to BADER in 2008 have been ignore thus far.)

Iā€™m told that replacing one book with three forms is progress. Currently there is no supply of the forms so my cadet who has lost his cannot go flying until there is.

Has anything come of this?

[quote=ā€œthe silverbackā€ post=15154]Title MT004-3822 Replacement
Complete 40%
Cost in days 171.

So it takes nearly 400 days work to decide whether we need ID cards and not log booksā€¦

MOD for you[/quote]

Have they made a decision?

i just wanted to know if i am ordering uniform online can i get a discount using my 3822

It totally depends on where you are buying it from. If the supplier offers it, they will probably advertise it somewhere on the website.

Washing of 3822s? Low-tech solution - when we give out 3822s, we ā€œissueā€ a small plastic ā€œzip-sealā€ bag - & when a cadet has to show their 3822, we expect it to be in the bag! :wink:

1 Like