3822's for RAF CCF?

Hello Everyone!

I heard last week that I have been accepted onto the D&C Camp 2017. Reading through the kit checklist, it says [you] need a 3822. However, as RAF CCF, I do not have one. Do you think this is a big deal? Or would I be given something similar (or even be given a 3822). I really don’t know - I’m guessing!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Many thanks

Cpl Briggs

It is not a big deal. If you have a record of service book, ID or pamphlet then that will do.
By all means mention this up the chain so that people are reminded, but I wouldn’t expect us to try to issue one. If anything it will remind people to think more when writting kit lists for RAFAC-wide activities.

Sorry - ATC people have a tendency to forget that the CCF exists and that it does things differently.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the quick response!

Tell me about it - when I’ve spoken to ATC people in the past, they are quite surprised there is a CCF!

I have my ID card, but that is about it. Do you recommend getting something to record the things I’ve done (I suppose I’m asking if there is any 3822-like replacement?).

Do you think there is any chance (at all) that I could get a 3822? If for no other reason than to just record things?

Thanks again for the reply

You could keep a diary.

As it is an official document that you don’t require, you probably shouldn’t have one but similarly you could probably scrounge one if you really wanted,

1 Like

Great, thank you very much for your help!

I believe CCF get a record of service card - you should take this and photographic ID.

Where do you record your WHTs? Does that info just get recorded online, or is there something you have to show that you are current? If so, It’s probably an Idea to bring that too as we put in in our 3822s and they may want them to check.

As far as I’m aware, the old CCF Record of Service books have been phased out in favour of the ID card (RAF Form 7537D), which contains very little.

All other details are uploaded to Bader, but from my experiences, the staff on these courses are unable to look at these details.

I went on D&C last year, and they just had to trust that the CCF Cadets had valid WHT’s, though some had to attend the training on the first day, as they were not in date.

Best bet is to ask your Contingent Commander for a screenshot of your WHT entry on Westminster and keep it with you.

Agree with the advice given above. Take your ID card, but there’s no point in taking the record cards you have as these are only for shooting and flying.

In principle your WHT should be on BADER, and you should be able to be attached to the event in BADER meaning the course staff can see your WHT. In practice, I’d take as suggested a printout of the Westminster entry, signed by your Contingent Commander or SSI.

Many schools don’t record WHTs on BADER as there is no point; Westminster is where anyone needing to know (e.g., God forbid, an accident investigation) will look, because the Army is responsible for CCF shooting even for the RAF section.

You’ll be interested to know that only the owning unit & higher can view the WHT Records, these don’t pull onto an SMS Activity - it would be a little too useful!

I have used bader at camps to double check cadets WHTs

Are you Wing Staff or where the cadets from your own squadron?

No neither…