3822 form of ID

Can we use our 3822’s as a form of ID as I live in wales,UK a d want to fly over to northern Ireland and don’t have a passport but as its part of the UK I don’t know if I do Need one to fly over to fly over to northern Ireland, If anybody could answer it would be much appreciated

~Cdt Robinson

Sorry for the many grammar mistakes as my tablet isn’t work correctly

You need to contact the airline. For insurance BA don’t require a passport but advise you carry some photo ID such as a passport or driving licence. Some airlines may have other requirements. Personally, if I cared enough to check someone’s ID I wouldn’t take a 3822 as all they prove is that you (or someone you know) had access to a Squadron office and a photo booth.

From the BA website:

Identification on UK domestic flights

If you are flying solely within the UK, including Northern Ireland, you do not need a passport but we advise that you carry photographic identification with you when travelling, such as your passport or driving licence. This may be requested at certain points in your journey. Children under the age of 16 years do not require identification to travel within the UK.

In one respect, I would think that “government-issued” IDs (passport / driving licence) are required - but the “under 16 years” note could make things difficult! However, that would probably relate to children travelling with an adult.

easyJet outline other types of ID acceptable for domestic flights. A 3822 is NOT a valid armed forces identity card…

Flybe’s list is even longer!!!

Check with the airline - & if they say yes (I would be very surprised), check a second time - & get the answer in writing!!

Why not get yourself an ID card such as CitizenCard: https://www.citizencard.com/

It is specifically mentioned on Flybe’s list and is widless accepted as proof of age in the UK.

Be aware that we still have security issues in Northern Ireland I would not be showing anyone any ID that links you to HM Forces in anyway while you might be ok on the way from Wales to NI the return is a security issue.