2FTS Aerospace Experience Survey

Unless I’m missing something, who decides what access males get versus females? We get 4 spaces and whoever bids can have a space. We aren’t limited by gender are we?

4 Likes

Not unless there is any flying out there that requires accommodation?

1 Like

I think in the example of gender imbalance, it’s more questioning why females aren’t taking up the opportunities, not why females aren’t getting the opportunity.

1 Like

Shambles questionnaire.
From a shambles part of the org.

I filled it in twice. Once with full answers. The 2nd time, I just pasted “ACTO 35” into every box.

Take the hint…

1 Like

Me too. :smiling_imp:

I also emphasised that “badge chasing” seemed to be the default method for selection = very sub-optimal.

Q23 - same for me, didn’t make sense for the career question (staff survey), as several of the answers were “no, they don’t enough information…”

Bluntly - select fairly, do not pander to inappropriate focus on diversity.

2 Likes

I’m not sure just replying ‘ACTO 35 is helpful’, they seem like they’re looking for constructive responses

1 Like

Our cantankerous friend did do it properly first time round, at least.

There is large demand for additional provision and reinstating ACTO35 would be a great way of achieving this. They want to know what people and think and want, well it’s exactly that for many.

3 Likes

Oh so true.

Ostrich with head in the sand syndrome for 2FTS. Might have to prompt them again…

4 Likes

You say the sweetest things.
You’re my friend too.

:grin:

1 Like

This is a good point.

It says it all when my first thought on seeing the email appear in my inbox is “This is a joke, right?”

The question about what would deter me from taking cadets gliding… Hmmm, perhaps the 3.5hr drive to my closest VGS which results in having to stay there overnight due drivers hours. My whole weekend gone just so two of my cadets can get 20 minutes in the air.

5 Likes

You too

Haven’t filled it in yet, but tempted to suggest BGA is much more suitable for anyone serious about flying…

3 Likes

Don’t know why you lot keep banging on about ACTO35. It’s dead never to return. Any link to non service flying is going to be severed.

Going to be?

It was severed years ago.

Unfortunately, I agree that it would take a massive change of viewpoint before if it is ever to be reinstated. Auntie Dawn spoke of it in a conference on 2017 I attended - according to her, it was as good as finished, just waiting for the ink to dry blah blah.

I guess that’ll be the end of Flying Aces and ACPS at Tayside then?

That’d be a shame - Flying Aces has been half of the flying our cadets have had in the last 3 years. Half of a very low number.

2FTS allowing ACTO35 is like turkeys voting for Christmas…

1 Like

Vote damn it vote!

1 Like

I’ve just emailed 2FTs to ask for an update on ACTO35 (or replacement policy). It’s been about 3.5 months since my last rattle of their cage, let’s see what comes back.

They have a blinkered insistence in trying to compare MAA standards versus civil ones, which makes some sense for Joe Bloggs & his privately owned aircraft (unknown person / licence / medical status / aircraft maintenance & insurance status, etc), but NOT for UK CAA -approved flying clubs (with instructional facilities) or BGA sites.

2 Likes

a few years back during the “pause” a work colleague collared me asking about gliding opportunities in the Cadets knowing i am involved. Their son was keen on the idea and wondered if the ATC was a “easy win” option for him.

I quickly pointed him to the BGA website and he has never looked back.
after visiting their two local clubs (we’ve got a couple fairly local) he picked his preferred and had a licence in double quick time and not long after an instructor too and took the whole family up. he’s entered a few competitions and although not exceptional in his finish, done really well out of the sport

since that conversation I doubt i would need two hands for the number of Cadets we have seen go flying and gliding combined. so there would be no chance this lad would have achieved even 10% of what he has if he went the Cadet route

10 Likes