2FTS Aerospace Experience Survey

What is the average operating height for AEF and VGS? What’s the deployment time for the rigs that they give to Cadets?

Simple maths, with a clean exit and stable free fall the first 1000ft of free fall takes 10 seconds and every thousand feet after that is 6 seconds. So generally 3000 is seen as the absolute limit to pull at in Skydiving.

I just don’t see how with the catastrophic failure required and the exit drills added on that jumping is going to be realistic option most of the time.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Didn’t I mention all of this about the height at which we tend to operate during AEF sorties being insufficient for an effective “Hop ‘n’ Pop” way back when…

O yeh, I did… retreats back into my box before Giminion catches me

2 Likes

I’m using the defence that I was already writing my answer before he told us to behave.

1 Like

So, go on then. What exactly would you have done? I’m guessing you’re trying to say you’d make an attempt to land the aircraft…?!

My Wing’s maildrop this week contains stats on how many staff and cadets in the wing have completed the survey, so evidently someone’s already looking at / monitoring the survey and reporting up.

Yeah we got a moan from our Wing AvO for the low response rate from our wing.

Those stats would be skewed anyway of some people are doing it twice…

It’s baffling that they’re still surprised by things like this. Cadets have been turned off in their droves… And despite having a (relatively) active unit with 20+ turning up to VPNs, only 13 have logged into cadet portal this year.

1 Like

Haven’t been flying/gliding for min 12 months… But for some, possibly never. Sounds like the perfect time to launch a survey on flying and gliding.

If they want no responses, sure.

“Hey cadets… you cant go flying or gliding… but look, here is an exciting form instead!”

1 week later at HQAC…

“Why arent they super keen and excited about this form, it’s what they all want. More flying and gliding opportunities…”

Us…

Not more admin opportunities you donuts.

3 Likes

Or the lack of flying gives them the capacity to do the work maybe?

And from the stats that were circulated lots of cadets are responding positively to it.

My Wing (of, nominally, 1000 cdts) has had 15 cadet responses!

How are people finding out their response rate?

It was published in our wing comms, don’t know who’s reported it to them.

At the risk of going down a never ending rabbit hole… if the key challenge for the organisation is a lack of gliding opportunities then change the current approach. Give all cadets (or as many as possible/want to) a first flight purely for enjoyment /inspiration before they get into the business of PTT, badges etc. It has the benefits of filtering out those who decide that gliding is not for them (reducing demand on the system) while allowing the instructional cadre to maximise their back to flying opportunities. If that doesn’t increase gliding opportunities then revisit and try something else. RAFAC makes its own rules for training…so they can adopt the approach to meet the requirement…

1 Like

That mines you need a proactive Comms route :man_shrugging:t2:

Anyone got the link for the survey please?

Ta

CFAV - http://2fts-cfav.kentaircadets.com/
Cdt - http://2fts-cdts.kentaircadets.com/