2022 Attitude survey

Just had a look back to the RAFAC attitude survey 2020 (linked here - Survey results - #36 by MikeJenvey) and wondered how the results of it was rerun like for like in 2022 would differ…??

I can’t imagine there would be much appetite for it at the moment though. :frowning:

Thoughts on a postcard to the normal address!!

1 Like

Nows a good time…

Recovery almost done… Refreshed views etc etc…

Oooooh, if anything, before any “directions” get set in stone, maybe it could be a good time to run a similar survey?

4 Likes

Certainly useful to refresh and look at the recommendations that came out then. Have any been addressed? Are any still relevant?

A repeat certainly would be useful as it would allow for comparison as I’m sure there will be some differences but it is only useful if actioned on and I’m not sure how many changes came about as a result of the previous one.

I’m not saying all recommendations needed actioning but I’d be looking for HQAC to have looked at each and said what they were going to do, why and timescales or if not doing anything in an area, their rationale. Remembering of course that not all recommendations were directed at HQAC but some at OCs, Wing etc.

No chance they’d do a new one, some of the more switched on HQ staff might guess what the volunteers are feeling, but they wouldn’t want it on paper anywhere.

4 Likes

TBH they haven’t even done us the courtesy to play the slightest lip service to any attitude surveys we have completed for them. Let’s see them get their finger out and earning their money before another “paper” exercise. I feel the survey questions have been designed to get the response required and the whole thing a delaying tactic to put off doing things, rather than a tool to do things.
Doing a survey chews up a lot of a CACs term in office to give the illusion to their masters they are doing something.

Well, it was a CFAV that designed and did all the analysis for the last one, not HQAC, but yes, even commissioning one, looks positive at face value.

A lot of people haven’t seemed to have heard of the 2020 survey or report so perhaps that needed better advertisment as from memory, quite a few recommendations were at local level so could be implemented by us at grass roots.

A you said we did would be good though.