Microsoft Software for Education

Does anyone know if sqn’s can get educational pricing for Microsoft software?? If so where… we have 30+ pc’s on XP that need to goto Win7

Cheers

Yes. You can set up an account for your Squadron or Wing and then buy from that account. It is that simple

Contact Martin Pratley on the bader team. They can get it at cheaper rates than the educational package.

I am sure this is a problem faced by a number of Squadrons out there.

Why is something like this not driven from the top down and a process put in place so as to prevent the person on the BADER team being inundated with ad-hoc requests as a result of this post.

Because it would take time and effort to set up?

Unfortunately, the otherwise excellent Charity Technology Exchange (CTX) won’t allow sqns access to their deals. They have some fantastic savings to be made there. It’s annoying that scout and guide groups can, but we can’t :frowning:

[quote=“pEp” post=15202]Because it would take time and effort to set up?

Unfortunately, the otherwise excellent Charity Technology Exchange (CTX) won’t allow sqns access to their deals. They have some fantastic savings to be made there. It’s annoying that scout and guide groups can, but we can’t :([/quote]

Yes you can. I did for my Squadron.

I spoke to them and explained and everything, and they told me no! Hmmmm, what did you get out of them?

I got the same answer as pEp.

Office suite 2010. Couple of years ago now I think. Wasn’t easy - I recall LOTS of emails and evidence. Got 6 licenses.