How upto date is RAF MOD site

Hi,

This may be a useful contribution or it may just muddy the waters, so take it how you will:

I had a filter interview for a regular officer application not that long ago and obviously one of the questions asked was about training post IOT, including where it would be. Now in my case, that is in the process of moving from its current location to another.

In the interview I answered that “Training is currently at x, but I understand is in the process of being moved to y and that establishment will open in 2017”, which got a raised eyebrow in response.

When it came to the feedback after the interview, the interviewing officer asked me what it said on the website and I explained that it said ‘x’ on the website, but I has heard ‘y’ in passing during my P2 presentation and did some googling to get the dates.

His response was: “stick to what it says on the website”.

Yeah - stick to officially confirmed stuff, not potential/non confirmed stuff.

Can’t see the problem myself. If it’s on the website and you’ve found it, by definition it is current information. If the info was there it shows that your research was more in depth than they’d expected / allowed for. Unless of course the info was incorrect as they’d changed their minds and the website hadn’t been updated, then that’s their poor information management.

There is always the angle that the move will result in the bod losing his job, then they’re probably a bit touchy.

Probably because they didn’t know!

[quote=“steve679, post:18, topic:2584, full:true”]
I can only imagine the justification is, because we wear an “RAF Uniform” and seen as such by the public there should be an element of minimal understanding of what the “blue suit” does

Although as a youth organisation we are a separate and distinct (and distant) branch of the RAF, it is useful to know what the “company” is doing.
Take an example of a lorry driver, let’s say for a high-street supermarket, you’d expect them to have some knowledge about the company, who the boss is at the top, where head office is, who the local “boss” (regional manager for instance) is even though they will only ever drive lorries and nothing else.[/quote]
If they want us to know and it’s all important then tell us. Like farriersaxe I see things in Air Mail and the RAFALO updates, the like of which wouldn’t be too difficult for someone at HQAC to collate and disseminate or also as suggested in the comic. Rather than making it an hours long task flipping round websites with conflicting information. If you then give a wrong answer it’s their fault!!
As for people in companies knowing who’s who, they don’t care as long as they get money in the bank each month. If I’m honest I have no interest in who they appoint as CAC, RC etc as I don’t know them and have no desire to know them or fawn over them. Whoever they appoint have no influence on my real life, other than putting more pressures on it. Even Wing staff outside of occasional pleasantries offer little or no interest as to who etc. The only influence on my life is potential if I am divested me of my role, but then I could do other things.