What rank would this role be?

That is unfortunate if you take offence at typed words.

CI’s don’t need to be in uniform to look smart, we have awesome Jumpers and T-Shirts :blush:

I’m not fussed about the Royal Family myself. If you enjoy being uniformed staff then I’m happy for you.

But I still stand by my Non Uniform or in Uniform comment as it makes no difference to me or my Cadets if they have a role to fulfill and fill our evening up with some fun learning etc.

And whilst rank may be important, the day job might provide some better references so a minion might be better suited than a Sqn Ldr, but the inducement for a move to Wing is promotion - has happened many times hereabouts. But then moving into the clique brings on another problem, that you might be prevailed upon to see things in a different light, inclined towards circumventing the realities. The lower you are , the more you can be leant on, but the higher you are, different ball game - loss of chocolate ration if you dont come up with the right answer, that is until the cover up comes off the rails. The MOD is good at damage limitation.

The Brecon issue however was a bad call all around. Similar to Camp staff spending time in the Mess with no-one supervising cadets.

But whatever - all CFAVs are suppose to be able to understand/recognise these things, there is no excuse, even if you have the highest ranking person as CPO.

Surely the issue here focusses on authority and accountability. The 2 things that could ultimately end up in court are breeches of H&S law and failure to follow authorised CP processes. To that end, clear lines of responsibility, to whom and for what ( and therefore accountability) ,are critical. The responsibilty comes with post rather than rank and therefore for me the rank of the individual is a non-issue.

1 Like