VR(T) Commission Change

So if you don’t receive your letter does that mean you are still VR(T)?
“I haven’t been notified through the chain of command” etc etc etc.

Still doesn’t get around that the CFC was meant to be implemented in March after being announced as said with much hype and fanfare LAST October and they STILL haven’t got the slides/pins sorted out. At which point and dimension does this looks good?

If you remember when HQAC implement something and because we are volunteers doing this in our spare time, can’t always get it done, they get all snotty and start issuing edicts and threats. When the boot’s on the other foot, it’s fine because people in full time jobs unable to get things done is fine. It strikes me we have people of senior ranks at HQAC and I’d like to think you don’t get into those ranks without being competent and reasonably good at your job, who seem unable to do things to make our lives easier.

1 Like

It probably means that they have the wrong address on Universe.

As for no letter no change, HQAC and the MoD would say no but a court may say different. I would say about changing out terms and conditions without our agreement would be illegal if we were employed. That is the big question, are we employed in any legal sense. That is one for the courts to decide, the limit is 3 months minus 1 day.

It is a shame that members of the armed forces cannot claim unfair dismissal.

Doesn’t matter how high up the chain you are, you will still make mistakes. We’re all human. Surely it’s better to take some extra time to resolve issues than rush something through?
I appreciate the change is distasteful to some, but in reality will it change what you actually do a great deal?
If it’s the change you’re unhappy with then of course you have a choice? It’s common for individuals to react to change in a predictable way. Have a look at the change curve and you might see where you’re at?
After all, it’s the young people in the organisation that are important?

1 Like

I’ve not had my letter either, but VA payslips make it through OK so the address must be correct.

If only those mandating the change and the timescale had understood this from the outset they may have made the transition significantly more smooth.

3 Likes

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!!

It’s not hindsight, it’s a complete lack of foresight that’s the issue.

8 Likes

they didn’t need hindsight, or even foresight - a simple look at the HQAC Project Board would have shown them that everything they touch turns to Goose poo.

Gliding?

Shooting?

Flying?

Admin reduction?

Staff recruitment and retention?

if you were working at HQAC and saw all of those with big red lights around them, would you say ‘new commission? peice of cake - ready by next Tuesday…’.?

6 Likes

The same lack of foresight that has pooped all over every change they have tried to implement for many years. Failing to learn from the many prior examples and mistakes can only really be described as incompetence.

There will always be unforeseen issues that throw a plan off kilter, but they are failing at the most basic levels!

3 Likes

Sometimes you can’t hold off changing something because it might upset people. There are occasions when it’s better to do something than nothing…!

BUT this was announced last year and regardless they should have been ready to go after a 6 month delay, but it seems they aren’t.

This has nothing to do with how people view the change.

If this is the SOP for the MOD you can easily see how and why things like new equipment either take ages to come on stream and or come on stream with problems that should have been sorted out in the project testing phase and end going over budget and over planned times.

2 Likes

you are HQAC’s project management officer and i claim my £5.

which i won’t get because that bunch of witless bunglers can’t even manage envelopes…

7 Likes

And if they aren’t ready. Should they just carry on regardless? Or is it better to slow down and get it right/make it better?
This forum has everything to do with how individuals view the change! All be it a small percentage of those affected…!

Do nothing is an essential Project Management consideration and must be evaluated with all other options.

In this instance it would have been the best option to take over the - “cack handed rush to get things through and lets hope nobody notices and if they don’t like it we can claim they’re not in it for the Cadets and clear our backsides” option - don’t you think?

1 Like

Guess you’re one of the upset ones then??

I actually support this particular change; I don’t support the ham-fisted attempts at project management we consistently see happening in this organisation.

5 Likes

I’m sorry but that argument doesn’t fly, much like our cadets.

There is a history of bungling important changes in this organisation at least as far back as Gordon Moulds, not always because the changes are the wrong ones, but because of an obssession with both arbitrary deadlines or pressing on regardless of whether we are ready or not.

Just look at PTS, it’s been in for 8 months with only 6 months left on the planned transition and lots of people still haven’t seen a Badge, it hardly takes a genius at planning to think maybe we should have had the badges to issue before making such a fundamental change?

As for this, it was always going to be unpopular with the masses and was always going to be more complicated that it would look to a layman, so why announce a deadline that you don’t know for certain you will make? Why not have a HQAC/MOD target date internally to work towards, you can still announce what changes are going to be made and once you have all your ducks in a row you can have an implementation date 6 months after you are ready to change.

5 Likes

Yes - one of many.

no, i’m a CI. when not looking in utter dispair at the destruction of the cadet experience that HQAC and their accolytes have wrought, i laugh my nipples off at the self-delusion of someone so utterly and repeatedly useless that i’m not even sure i could use her corpse as a wedge to keep one of my gates open…

2 Likes