VR(T) Commission Change

Does anyone know the answer?

Iā€™ve definitely read in ACP 20 about the right to retain rank once retired. I believe itā€™s 10 years of service and at least a Fg Off, but could be wrong.

VR(T) have retired status of the highest rank they held (provided the rank was held for at least 5 years) even if they were also granted a Cadet Forces Commission.

I believe that CFC as official queens/kings commission also apply retired status using the 5 year rule.

In practice it just determines whether you wear RAFAC or VRT on your number 5s

My boss wears Wing Commander VR(T) as his retired rank on No5 rather than his RAFAC Sqn Ldr. Not through ego though, because heā€™s too cheap to re-rank if he doesnā€™t have to

3 Likes

This gets an instant pass on any uniform discrepancy :joy:

3 Likes

My 1s are still Plt Off. I should get them done. But canā€™t really be bothered for the sake of a few mm of braid which comes out twice a year. Though itā€™s going to be done this year as Iā€™m also getting them taken in.

That makes a change. Mine have shrunk in the wardrobe. Need to eat fewer pies :pie:

1 Like

Why no1s are a complete waste and wouldnt lose sleep if all of a sudden they get removed from issue to the relevant personnel.

2 Likes

As a younger officer I used to wear my No5ā€™s far more often than my No1ā€™s

5 Likes

Mine werenā€™t issued to me. They were issued to a previous CFAV on my unit who left a year before I arrived as a CI. They just took so long to arrive. They were a good match for me so I just took them rather than waste public money on a new set.

The whole point of VA is to pay for things such as No1s & No5s and be part of that regular ceremony.

But you have a valid point that there is an over emphasis on needed them as NCOs

2 Likes

ā€¦ you guys are getting No. 1s?

Look in ACP300 ACFI310. You can claim for re-ranking.

'Change of rank allowance

1. This allowance is to help compensate for the expense incurred in alterations to issued items of uniform on change of rank only (No: 1 uniform only) and will be proportionate to that issued to Regular Officers.

2. It is not an automatic payment for RAFAC Officers and should be claimed through the claimantā€™s authorising officer (eg. Wg Ex O) from HQ RAFAC (Accounts) in letter or memorandum format. The allowance will only be paid against itemised receipts for re-ranking alterations subject to a maximum amount payable.

3. Where possible parent station tailoring facilities are to be usedā€™

In the past, I think Iā€™ve stuck it on a 1771 and attached the receipt from the tailors to it.

Theres an idea, it would save HQ a load of money - but where would I wear my medals ? (Donā€™t answer that ) :rofl:

At Ā£1500 a setā€¦

1 Like

How long after being issued can we put them on eBay?

Are 1s issued to keep, or are they in theory meant to be given back?

As an OR I need to return mine on exiting the service. Officers keep theirs on exit.
But RAFAC be RAFACā€¦

1 Like

Believe like all issued kit to officers they are written off if you serve at least 4 years if you leave under 4 years your supposed to be required to return issued uniform after 4 years the view is the issued stuff has been worn out although never seen that enforced. after that they become yours.

If you join the regulars for example having been a VRT/RAFAC technically if you didnā€™t have a big enough gap in between rafac and regular service you technically arenā€™t entitled to a new issue of uniform swapped service regular/rafac is the same. (Although in practice new uniform is issued.)

EDIT Reference is ACP 20 201 Para 20/21 .less than 1 year out of service you arenā€™t entitled to any uniform 1-4 years you get 50% cash allowance of cost of free uniform (With the exception of your new commission has higher uniform entitlement than you last one in which case you get the differences issued for free )

1 Like