Tutor Incident

Think you need to be a little patient…!

If you’re in doubt, contact the AEF. There’s little information coming out to anybody yet. No point in jumping to conclusions about anything at this stage?

Patient is a relative concept. I’m fine with it, but when it comes to contacting people who may be involved with long trips to get to AEFs and arranging all weekend around when they’re dropping off and picking up little Johnny, an “everything’s fine” or “we’re grounded, don’t bother” email takes a minute.

It’s been reported elsewhere that they’re grounded, a simple “yes they are” or “no they’re not” isn’t exactly a lot of effort and would save a lot of hassle for a lot of people.

I’m not asking for chapter and verse on what happened in this instance.

1 Like

They might still be investigating.

Then again, I feel like a three day investigation into “why did the engine stop” would warrant a grounding.

Perhaps your RAvO or WAvO is sending messages out?
If you’re not flying then you may not get a message?

Got a sharepoint announcement this afternoon that AEF is back up and running and confirmed that they will be flying cadets on Monday. Although that may just be ours!

According to 7AEF FB page, they are flying this weekend, well Sunday due to the weather.

Received today.

7 AEF are in a position to start Ops for the weekend but weather for Saturday is looking poor, so please check the Facebook page as you would normally.

Unfortunately 5 AEF are not quite in a position to restart this weekend due to standing down pilots and final bits of paperwork after the incident, it was hoped they would be back to Ops. They are aiming to be operational by Tuesday next week.

We have engaged with our Region and Wing contacts within minutes of information being available, throughout each day of events. How the internal ACO comms are then actioned is down to the Air Cadet chain of command.

3 Likes