SW Regional Townhall

I was pleasently suprised by this. Certainly refreshing when i thought it would be all doom and gloom

2 Likes

Appalled by the lack of an apology. No care for the cadet or the volunteer. Absolutely terrible . And no plan in place for September. When will we know this? How much prep work is being done by volunteers at the moment for the autumn that is going to be wasted. Pointless waste of time this evening.

Definitely a ‘them and us’ moment…absolutely no apology to CFAVS, nor an admission that they understand the position they’ve put us in with cadets and parents…

1 Like

I’m sure @cab will be aling later.

I think these are fair. They even had it pointed out that “this is all about CS staff, what about the volunteers” and the response of “well yes it is about them because that is the reason for the action we’ve had to take”.

Pretty blinkered and one-sided perspective.

We know more than we did, and as frustrating as it may be we also know what they don’t know or aren’t yet sure about.

To me, knowing what is unknown is less “in the dark” than not even having that admission or implication.

There are still submitted questions pending answers, so we can expect there will be more comms to follow. It’s step one and they had an hour…

4 Likes

So they are blaming the CFAVs for the situation that they have found themselves in by poor management?

No not at all. The point was they didn’t acknowledge or show understanding of the effect on CFAV in the discussion, talking only about the CS staff levels, morale, workload, etc.

“It’s all about CS staff because they are what it is about and why we have had to do xyz”.

The logical follow on would be a recognition of the impact of that (on CFAV, cadets, parents, etc) but there was basically nothing said and what little there was only came forward when they were pressed to talk about it.

When pressed to talk about it it wasn’t great - “that would take time”, “our focus was on something else”, etc.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just the way the comment was phrased.

1 Like

Yeah I can see the ambiguity in my original phrasing.

1 Like

Was the meeting recorded for those of us who couldn’t make it? Or will it just be the QnA?

Transcript to be available.

2 Likes

I agree, there was far too much about ‘low morale’ amongst the CS but completely overlooking the low morale amongst CFAV and Cadets! Without units and the many volunteers, none of the CS have jobs within RAFAC, none of the top brass have positions within an organisation that inspires the next generation on a weekly basis. They missed an opportunity to really engage with the CFAV on that call imo.

Some CFAV didnt help the cause with individual points raised, some came across very petty in the grand scheme of things. Difficult as it is, some people need to try and keep calm and ask logical questions that will benefit the whole group not just themselves or a very small minority.

9 Likes

Low morale anong CFAVs? I didn’t think it was thst high…

2 Likes
8 Likes

Hopefully i didnt fall into that bucket, although i wasnt happy with my delivery of my question either

A Warrant Officer not happy about their verbal delivery, well colour me Air Force Blue

I think whilst some volunteers were too aggressive in their tone, the paid staff attending didn’t help themselves with their defensive and unsympathetic at points responses.

I’m really sure what we gained from it. I have no more info than I did, I have no roadmap out of it. All we got was vague non-commital answers like “we’ll consider it” or “we’ll go and think about that for next time”.

2 Likes

Self critique to try and be a bit better every day

2 Likes

Do you try for the ESSO rule as much as possible?

@bob…I don’t know what that means, sorry!! Try again…