Suspension of the Bleep Test

We’ve just been told it’s any form of fitness testing that’s banned.

So they have banned Blue DofE where you are then?

That’s what I’m going to go back and counter with, just need to dig out the exact wording of the requirements for the Blue first.

Anyone know where that can be found?

Blue badge logbook?

I was thinking more the ACTO outlining the Blue badge, but yeah, that’ll do and I’ve got a copy of that already.

Edit, found it. ACTO74. Non-confrontational, highly passive aggressive email being formed.

My biggest concern is…why hasnt this been shared nationally if its such an issue

2 Likes

All OCs were briefed likewise by our Wg Cdr by phone this morning. There are many unanswered questions such as whether this means an end to competitive sports where a cadet(s) could consider they are being tested because the aim is to win, or if cross country or swimming could go ahead for similar reasons.

DoE fitness would seem to be an obvious casualty here

You’re trying to tell me your wing commander phoned each and everyone of the Sqn ocs in your wing. And got through to them all… give me strength. Never heard more nonsense in my life.

Who has time or patience to do that!

1 Like

Anyone in SW reg heard this nonsense yet?

Yeah… A month ago.

I believe it went to WExOs/WCOs (one, the other, both, maybe others) originally on the 18th Jan.

Not in my wing.
… no surprises there.

1 Like

Sending you a pm so as not to advertise the RC’s comments to all and sundry, because other RCs might have said otherwise.

1 Like

This is going to be one of those Regional Issues where different DDH’s take a different view isn’t it?

You mean policy wouldn’t be consistent across the corps.
Nah, that’d never happen :wink:

No sign of this in CCF yet, but fitness was taken out of the Air Squadron Trophy this year (though that was because ‘it’s not in our syllabus’ - CCF(RAF) don’t do sport as it’s seen as a school matter).

That said, the bleep test was competitive, so it’s exactly the sort of thing that might be a concern.

Preventing avoidable deaths is definitely the act of the nanny state.

Maybe if we all stopped getting out of bed in the morning it would reduce all risk to life to an acceptable level…
We did the bleep test back when I was in cadets and we never had any issues, I think we’ve just got really risk averse over the years. In percentage terms what is the real issue here ?

2 Likes

Two that we know of. Of candidates. In training.

Entirely avoidable. And so it should be avoided.

And we are not the military, get that ridiculous idea out of your head. We’re talking about kids.

3 Likes

The same could be said of all accidents though, but we don’t ban cars from the road or planes from flying.

2 Likes

A military element or theme is very different to being in the military.

Nobody here, apart from SIs, is in the military - we’re all playing an elaborate game of dress up. If you think any differently I’m calling Walt.

6 Likes