Suggested Venues for AT Camp

There’s a DTE camp at Capel Curig…

There’s also Nesscliffe camp, just outside Shrewsbury. Canoeing on the Severn, there’s some climbing at Nesscliffe Quarry (sandstone, HVS to E4), and good walking all around…

You’re all heroes and I owe you all a beer.

Can confirm… Left that training area with one less exhaust on my plucky Rover 25…

Seen on twitter - new accomodation blocks at Nesscliffe, Shropshire.

This is, shall we say, a significant improvement on the previous Nissan huts with coal stoves…
https://twitter.com/QM_Devon_ACF/status/1626355980056383490?t=y_XgOT2zd0VGEILXZoro7w&s=19

2 Likes

They’re actually Nissen huts.

I’ve just seen this through from RFCA for Wales which might be of interest to people in the future:

The Alternative Venues people are really great as a point of contact to put you in touch with the people who actually manage the buildings.

You don’t always have to book through them and pay the commercial rates.

I’ve got free access to one of the AV spaces on our ARC because I explained we were cadets.

3 Likes

That looks great!

I have tried using alternative venues many times for the cadet training centres but the ACF seem reluctant to give me access in the past 12 months or so?

I use then all the time, basic but great for a weekend

Did you get a venue sorted in the end @pEp ?

Nope. No one at Crowborough replied to anything I sent either the main email listed in JSP907 (or whatever the number is), and we didn’t have any other suggestions.

Because of timescales decided to run some stand alone activities with 1 overnight camp.

Bethesda CTC

This is in a great location

1 Like

Good shout and would make a great venue one day, but it’s a bit far for a Friday night drive up for us sadly.

#claritycoachwithdriver

Make the drivers hours work for you, not against :smiley:

1 Like

There is also Raglan barrels in Newport and Merthyr in south Wales and Llanelli in West Wales

1 Like