Should cadets be allowed to drink coffee on a parade night?

:raising_hand_man:
Iā€™ve got a bowel disease, one of the trigger food stuffs for it is caffeine, so Iā€™m one of those monsters of which you speak. If youā€™ve never had it, you canā€™t miss itā€¦

As to the thread, not an issue. Our NCOs have the choice to make themselves a cup of tea during some parade nights (usually the classroom based nights) and itā€™s never come up as a negative thing for us.
Mountain: molehill.

1 Like

Although interestingly, Taylorā€™s coffee is fairly poor.

If that it what is required at squadron level, then start with removing all tea, coffee, soft drinks, sweets, etc; not just for the cadets, but also the staff.

If there is an issue with mental health for cadets, then surely the same issue lies with staff as well.

Letā€™s see how that develops, as this can only be at squadron level. As for raising up CoC, can imagine response!

The number of staff I know who insist they have to have a coffee before they reckon they are able to function properly is truly amazing. It used to be a fag and or coffee.

I wouldnā€™t get too worked up by the mental health tag, as this seems to be the current catch all, to explain away past, present and current behaviour.

2 Likes

Way to trivialise what is a very real and serious issueā€¦

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yep sounds like some of rubbish I hear people say.

Why oh why am I not surprised that a certain member seeks to trivialise mental health during mental health awareness week?

6 Likes

If someone removed all hot drinks from cadet activities I was a part of Iā€™d start removing body parts! Starting with the head and working up in seriousness from there.

1 Like

And i think weā€™re done here.

3 Likes