Rugby Internationals

Well that’s a record England won’t be happy with. 3 red cards on the bounce :man_facepalming:t2:

I’ve been out most of the match, but tuned in during the last few mins.

How exactly is that the score?

Some excellent kicking by George Ford.

Farrell will definitely have to watch his back now :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Looks like my England prediction was a bit off.

Worst I’ve seen Argentina play in some time and the reliance on the boot to score is worrying.

Not sure that will work as well in the coming matches.

The reliance on the boot to score is what England used to be, 20 years ago.

Admittedly, we’d also score tries, but our main weapon was being able to kick over from anywhere within the opponent’s half. It’s referenced in The Ten Commandments of Rugby; https://youtu.be/cny1i4qyyMo

It’s also logical given the circumstances. Each player had to up their workload due to the (unwarranted, IMHO) red card. Kicking saves energy over trying to break through lines and increasing the number of breakdowns.

It was, but we were also good at putting pressure on the get those penalties, I’m not sure we have the discipline for that at the moment.

I hear you, based on the warm ups, but England gave away zero penalties in that second half. So they can be disciplined, but it seems to take a red card before they snap into that.

Well, Uruguay fought hard for the first ¾ of the match. They really looked like they had a shot at causing a major upset!

Did anyone else catch the SA v Ireland match just now?

Incredible match. Yes, helps that I’m half Irish, but still incredible either way. No idea how time went that quickly!

1 Like

Was a great match, looking forward to seeing a few more like that hopefully.

I hope so. Amazing match, high levels of physicality and still no cards given out. Exactly what rugby should be.

I’m also laughing at just how much the Irish fans are struggling to stick to what their advertising campaign says, that’s literally everywhere in Belfast…

1 Like

So what are we thinking about Eddie Jones this morning? :thinking:

He cant help players making poor decisions or kicking a penalty dead but their scrum was woeful. Wales were generating penalties at will in the second half. I think even Wayne Barns felt sorry for the Aussies in the end and told the Welsh to use the ball in the scrum when the scrum disintegrated again for the Aussies

1 Like

@WhiskeyNovember bringing your own thread back to life so we don’t take over another one with rugby! :sweat_smile:

People stick to thread topics on here? News to me.

To carry on the conversation; A great opening. Both teams being very disciplined so far… This should be a good game!

It’s going to be close whichever way it goes. Some real grinding though

Bad choice not going for the posts. You’re playing the ABs, not a T2 team!

1 Like