Replacement Learning Management System (LMS) - Moodle

i can see the argument for an AEF having a “unit” on SMS but…

…are they CFAVs?
given that the pilots only have access to each individual passenger for 20-30 minutes is there much chance to get to discuss anything around the flying experience to need much of the mandatory training a CFAV requires? (ie the safeguarding elements…)

Security, Prevent and the like will be covered by their fulltime job as RAF pilots.

but the likes of first aid training and climatic injuries is that relevant or required given the exposure with Cadets is limited to the cockpit of an aircraft/the briefing room?

I accept that EHS, information and fire training is relevant but would this need to be AEF specific when, at least at our AEF, the pilots cover this elements in the 9-5 jobs on RAF Squadrons as RAF pilots?
(are there any/many AEF pilots nowadays that don’t also fly full time for the RAF?)

perhaps i am ignorant but from what i can see much of what SMS would include would be a repeat of what is already covered for the RAF or simply not relevant to a pilot who only see the Cadets for 20-30 minutes in a cockpit or for a welcome brief in the crew room…

AEF Staff belong to the RAF and 6FTS and they are effectively a supplier to the RAFAC.

Other suppliers (AT Centres (not NACATCs)) do not have access to SMS so it makes sense from that perspective.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the explanation, but I think we need to be more flexible here.

As @themajor has said, 6FTS CFAVs are in the RAF Air Cadets and governed by our rules and regulations, but they don’t have access to Bader directly (as far as I know). Their permanent staff do, however, but I appreciate this isn’t very helpful.

I suspect this comes down to licensing etc but I will enquire.

@james_elliott I may be wishing too far ahead but…

Will there be linkage between SMS/Staff Portal/LMS, like the DBS warnings, for ACTO99 Mandatory Training
Would make life so much easier if the Trg was listed in Portal and when out of date/incomplete a link took you straight to the course/exam and results fed into SMS/Portal (assuming single sign on I s’pose)

Ever hopeful for an integrated world - but I worked on the integrated NHS in the 90s and see how that is progressing :dizzy_face:

So my question is why do they need access?

If they need to do RAFAC Mandatory training then it makes sense to me, but I would assume they do the training as required by 6FTS and it’s managed in there usual way rather than the RAFAC way :man_shrugging:

Yes :slight_smile: …eventually

Yes, indeed.

@james_elliott you have contradicted @themajor

I’m now utterly confused.

6fts isin the RAF. Yes. BUT…
Are their staff CFAVs. I.e. are the pilots who volunteer fly the tutors CFAVs?

If so, surely they must complete the same mandatory training, modules and requirements as all of us.

Have they all done Heart Start, protecting information, fire training etc etc etc safeguarding…?

Also 2FTS… is based in the RAF.
But ALL the VGSs are definitely run and manned by CFAVs… have the done all that mandatory training?

Have they all got access to bader?

I know for a fact my local vgs, doesn’t use sharepoint, sms or ultilearn so I’m not sure exactly how they record anything like attendance, training etc…

Considering all these volunteers are alone with cadets, it should be even more critical.

If you dont know that’s fine.
But it needs following up and I will ask the question formally elsewhere.

As I understand it, AEF CFAVs who hold an RAFVR(T) commission are still subject to the requirements under ACP 20 and AP 1919, like any other officer.

Happy to be corrected on this.

Cool. Hello H5P?

1 Like