Regulations around transferring and promotions

A Cpl transferred to our Squadron 2 months ago and has been promoted to Sgt.

I was told that to be promoted after transferring to a new squadron you have to wait 6 months.

Is this correct? Where can the “rules and regulations” around this sort of topic be found?

There are no regulations at all regarding promotion after transferring.

It is the decision of the OC of who gets what rank (with it being a little different at CWO).

I did the same thing with someone who transferred into my squadron last year. They were at the squadron for less than 3 weeks and completely wiped the floor with my entire NCO team and totally deserved it.

No rules are formalised for this - pretty much OC’s discretion on whether they’d promote someone newly transferred / letting a transferred NCO maintain rank etc.

Exception would be CWO though

Hello , this Friday I’m going for an interview with my CO for promotion from Cadet to Cadet Corporal .
I was wondering what kind of questions they could ask ? Thanks

firstly this is not the right topic to be posting

secondly this is a fairly common question and could be answered by using the search function - for ease i have done it for you and offer the following

Promotion time approaching - Interviews

Cadet Corporal interview stage

Cpl Promotion help

Air cadets corporal interview

hopefully one or more of those links above will help you - if not post in one of those threads to ask more…

1 Like