RAF Reserves Service Instructors

Yes it does, thanks. Albeit we can already do this and an SI only needs to provide proof of their competency (DLE Certificate or otherwise) and that can be added to Bader relatively easily. Mapping automatically from DLE to Bader and JPA etc would be nice, but suspect that as this effects a relatively few people in the great scheme of things, this won’t be a high priority for the development list. But a list of comparable quals and their period of validity, would be extremely useful.

There needs a proper mapping of DLE training across the Bader Learn training!

At present it’s difficult and there is no consistent approach to how DLE is recorded on SMS.

3 Likes

So, there’s some good news.

Well, everything is relative!

The version 23.1 of ACP 20 I was using from BADER SharePoint read that Service Instructor (SI) had “replaced” our JSP 814 Service Helper (SH). However version 24.0 published on 28 August 2024 now reads that SIs were “previously” SHs.

Of course, that subtle change is lost forever because BADER SharePoint only retains Major versions ie version X.0. So, I guess someone was paying attention after all. My offer of help - which still stands - hasn’t attracted interest. Yet.

As they say in the vicinity of 723 Sqn, but suitably corrected for EDI purposes, it’s not over until the ample physique binary gender person capable of childbirth sings :hugs:

@Dacre1987 further to my comment about 2-year IRT competences, I have recently noticed that my ‘annual’ fire training lasts for 2 years on JPA, but volunteer portal claims it expires one year from the completion date.

I won’t be attending fire training again until the 2-year point, as it necessitates a visit to my parent station (as opposed to my normal duty station) which I only do for full IRT weekends.

For anyone from the Service Instructor community of interest that may be following this thread, I am now strongly advising all RAF Reserves to include time spent on RAFAC activities in their monthly Attendance Based Pay (ABP) submissions. With the - very rare - exception of instances when both the relevant Chain of Command and the unit Budget Holder for the Reservist’s UIN have authorised otherwise, I am recommending that these inclusions should all be made against Code C2 ie “Training of Restricted Value (Voluntarily unpaid)” with a corresponding entry of “0%” against Proportion of Day’s Pay %. The full explanation of Codes can be found at JSP 754, Chapter 3, Section 1 Para 03.01.0111. The deadline for the next submission for ABP, for payment on 31 October 2024, is 10 October 2024.

This is a good initiative. Essential for understanding how much our reservists give.

I assume this should always have been happening?

I have been unable to find any policy that requires it and, whilst I 100% agree with your sentiment, there are, potentially, more legally-orientated reasons behind my advice. My intent is to hand down more formal guidance via the Inspectorate should it, unfortunately, become necessary.

ACP 20 updated this morning.

These individuals are known as “Service Instructors” (SIs) (also known as “Service Helpers” iaw Reference B).