Photo for MOD 90

Exactly. Not your typical “home printer”. Just because it’s the size of a microwave doesn’t mean it’s “a home printer”. I know of machines of the same size which cost circa £1500 and wouldn’t class them as a home printer. Likewise I know of machines that are the size of a dishwasher and could be used in a house.

Not that it’s really the main issue, but we had a £50 printer from PC World that had a photo black, giving it 5 inks in total.

Not that it’s really the main issue, but we had a £50 printer from PC World that had a photo black, giving it 5 inks in total.[/quote]

Not really. You have fallen for a gimmick. Black ink, is black ink. One may cost you more, but that’s only because the manufacturers like to rinse the punter. “Photo” cartridges just have a finer print head and a slightly different head/delivery system. The ink is the same.

In my trade, it pays to know this stuff. :whistle:

The guy in Timpson’s the other week was doing some passport photos exactly the same way Cranwell did mine.
DSLR, print on the spot with dye sublimation photo printer, punch out.

[quote=“wdimagineer2b” post=23729]The guy in Timpson’s the other week was doing some passport photos exactly the same way Cranwell did mine.
DSLR, print on the spot with dye sublimation photo printer, punch out.[/quote]

Now you are talking proper equipment for the job