Over Promising Under Delivering

is that not a standard interview?
Ok so I have been in industry for a while, but every professional interview has been that format. Who I am, what relevant interest, experience or skills makes me ideal, why I think it’s the right move for me.

My sergeant has been waiting 10 MONTHS and been told there is ‘a backlog’!

My Chaplains paperwork took 15 months to clear the shambles that is HQAC. Not to mention the stuff they “misplace” (lose).Quite frankly Id like to see the Data Protection Commissioner take an interest in HQAC I think he d find lots of offences that would come to light the way they handle personal information.

1 Like

10 months and counting for my CI to be appointed. Still waiting!

File a grievance. That is gross inefficiency & potentially dereliction of duty.

1 Like

That’s a load of rubbish, they get sent the report which details how they did and if unsuccessful tells them how long before they can reapply. (It varies from “come back on the next one” to a maximum of 2 years or ultimately “don’t darken our doors again”

In my experence that is normal. I know of one person on their fourth set of paperwork because the orher three were “lost”.
If it was mu sqn i would be considering a report to the data protection commissioner.

I would love to say the above example was unusual but it is not…Extreme yes, unusual no.

My wife applied to be a CI in December 2016. I checked 3 weeks ago and the paperwork still hadn’t been actioned by our wing. Unsurprisingly OC Home Command binned it off after 8 months. Something about not feeling very valued.

2 Likes

Fairly typical of the slipshod way things are now done by the tower dwellers.Then they wonder why people are voting with their feet.

1 Like

The amount of time is takes to process people varies and what is mentioned is not out of the ordinary, but what can you expect when we have a process that is so driven by paper, signatures and pointless interviews.
We had two people last June come along to get involved, needless to say after coming back twice to see if their forms had come back and being told not yet, we never saw them again.

Mind you it seems to be just as bad at the other end, we had a couple of staff leave 2 years ago, the OC emailed Wing, nothing emailed again, nothing and when we had our last Anal Inspection the WSO asked about these 2 as they were still on the books, they emailed Wing and that was 4/5 months ago and they are still there.

Can’t get them in and can’t get rid of them. The OC has been told they can’t bin staff, only Wing and the OC can’t just download the forms, Wing have to send them out.

It still seems that WHQ shroud themselves in a bubble of doing no wrong. I bet the ones that have been lost, have never been seen at Wing and Wing tell OCs they are lying about sending them.

This would open a can of worms.

1 Like

Had that happen to me more than once.Even when it was delivered by hand by the persons involved.I have considered having stuff signed for by the receiver as the same mistakes keep happening again and again.Oh yes whoa betide you if you decide to remove people from sms who have obviously left.I did that once and was told in no uncertain terms that id trespassed into someones empire.Funny thing is though when I used to update DBS stuff (before they took that away as well) it was always up to date.Unlike now where you wait months.Still who cares about the numerous DPA offences this encloses certainly not HQAC/Region or WHQ.

1 Like

Our OC and Adj found this out last year and it took months for the info to make it onto Bader despite the endorsed copy of the certificate being handed to WHQ after a posted one ‘was lost’. Over these months the member of staff was threatened with suspension, which got the response, do that and I’m gone. It was his first renewal and has been singularly unimpressed with the organisation’s inability to complete the most basic of admin tasks.

2 Likes

I require an enhanced DBS to work for my company, takes two weeks from renewal requirement to implementation. You do wonder how the NHS copes with 1.1 million employee’s to recertify over a 4 year period, they don’t have these problems.

1 Like

Similar time at school. My last school DBS took 6 working days from start to certificate on the doormat. If you phoned any Wing first thing tomorrow, you might get the forms in that timescale.
If I’m correct in my thinking when my next school one is done, I will use it for the ATC. Just to save me messing around with bits of paper.

That’s if it’s recognised and portable, don’t expect that to happen.

I thought I’d heard / read DBS’ were now portable within the Air Cadets as long as they aren’t very old.

This makes the assumption thatthe DBS is actually actioned before the expirey time and what if you need the DBS cert for somebody else, do you trust its return to be expeditied?

ACP 4, Page 8-5 “19. Portability of criminal records checks.”

Basically less than 6 months old & same level of check.

This stupidity is why my new staff on the CCF unit are all going Army. Takes a fraction of the time and they can still run the RAF sessions if they are interested.

1 Like