Oasc

Nope just very very big :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“RightOn” post=12318]I haven’t even filled in the forms yet. My OC and WSO have had an informal chat, and both are in agreement that I should be put forward.

However, I was looking into the process a little while I was waiting for my OC’s opinion, and I found Pers Form 2-01C on BADER:

https://sharepoint.bader.mod.uk/QM/Forms/Pers%20Form%202-01C.pdf

For anyone who hasn’t seen it, it is a handy guide on what to expect at OASC. I can only assume that it is current, although it refers to the fitness test which gatekrash has said has been dropped (and which a Plt Off I know on a nearby squadron said was not undertaken when he attended OASC).

However, if this form is correct, I am ineligible for VR(T). Under “Medical and Fitness”, it says:

My BMI is (currently) about 33. I am working to lose a little weight, but at the current rate, it will be a few months before I have ducked under 30, considerably delaying my application (my Wing has a shortage of officers - and, worryingly, most of those who are currently VR(T) would fall at this same hurdle if they applied now!).

Can any of you wonderful people confirm whether this is still correct, or has this policy been changed without updating the form?[/quote]

Hi RightOn,

The fitness test has been dropped. However, I believe they will still look at your appearance in uniform and will speak to you about it if necessary.

[quote=“pEp” post=12333]Hi RightOn,

The fitness test has been dropped. However, I believe they will still look at your appearance in uniform and will speak to you about it if necessary.[/quote]

Thank you, pEp. I may just start getting my application rolling, then. Without wanting to sound arrogant, I don’t look as bad as I should for my weight (and look a lot “fitter” than a lot of officers and even some SNCOs in my Wing).

Also, knowing my Wing, by the time I have been boarded and, if successful, arrive at OASC, any doubts they may have at the moment will not cross their minds.

My only concern is that they ask for height and weight on the form, which was why I was wondering if they still enforced the BMI under 30 policy.