New Year Honours

The recipient’s service number is “5213001” which certainly doesn’t and with “327F” …

Nope. It’s not Bader Scott.[/quote]
I’m led to believe it is. If it isn’t, do you know who it may be?[/quote]

Somebody is pulling your leg. The “winner” is the Wing Chaplain for NI Wing.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/aircadets/newsandevents/index.cfm?storyid=0E679989-5056-A318-A8CBCE67B141A0EB

http://www.downanddromore.org/news/2012/12/An-MBE-for-former-Archdeacon

(Say-again your last, Over?)

I believe his correct ident was originally 357F (this was even the name used for him openly by the then CAC, and although Will might well be worthy of worship (even now), he was never headed for being a venerable archdeacon.

Perhaps irrespective of the lack of ecclesiastical status held by Der Badermeister, maybe he will rise again, here, on the new ACC…[dramatic pause]…ideally?

wilf_san

Resurrection time for 2024.
Seems like “cadet” only brings up one result this year. Am OBE for the RAFAC National Chair

1 Like

Think their might be a few others.

The OBE to Ensor is in the civil division as well which is interesting can’t be uniformed volunteer unless he is retired from unformed service? A non uniformed volunteer getting an relatively high honour for cadet service is a good change if that’s the case.
1 MBE Acting Wing Commander R.C. Timothy. (Not sure about this one but think I’ve heard that name before involved in the corps in some capacity assuming same person he was commissioned in to the VRT in 1981)

1 CAS Commendation Acting Wing Commander D.K. Miller MBE
All the below AOC 22 Gp Commendations
Flight Lieutenant R.C. Appleby

Squadron Leader A-M. Worsnop

Flight Lieutenant A.E. Wilson

Squadron Leader G.S. Wills

Mrs J. Tack

Squadron Leader N.J. Gensler

Squadron Leader K.H.A. Lavender

Warrant Officer G. Lockwood

Warrant Officer M.A. Saxby

If that is who I think it is, that’s an OC Wing in South Wales.

I’m interested in the commendations and want to see who got them and try and compare the army cadet list of the air cadet one to see if their is difference in the rank range but guess whose website is down for maintenance minutes after they publish the news article giving the details on the NYHL and associated commendations. For once it’s not the RAF.

Ah yes. I only searched the civil list for some reason. So two state honours this time to the RAFAC.

1 Like

Mines got lost in the post again :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

He certainly was uniformed when he was my first Sqn OC in the 1990s, but I guess it’s in the civil division because it’s for a ‘civilian’ role?

Just had a quick look seems to be 9 MBE/BEMs to the scouts for comparison.

1 Like

A really good egg in the DofE world.

I believe the military division is very strict on a rank to honours rule, so an MBE is the only real option with the exception of the Senior Volunteer as a Group Captain who can have an OBE.

I knew a Wing Commander RAFVR(T) who got an OBE about a decade back so potentially Wg Cdr or greater.

If it’s the one I’m thinking of (top of this thread) he is a retired senior civil servant which may have made a difference…

1 Like

And First Aid, and being a Sector Commander, and (as of recently) leading a school’s CCF too. No doubt on commitment levels.

For all that she does (and that the rest of her family do) I’d argue that something higher than a commendation should be provided.

1 Like

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stuart-ensor-32828281?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share_via&utm_content=profile&utm_medium=ios_app

1 Like

I 100% agree, I’ve said it before commendations are all well and good for regular service personnel for whom it’s something to produce at a promotion panel, for volunteers it’s a bit of a slap in the face.

Especially when they would be getting at least a BEM if not an MBE from any other organisation.

5 Likes

Stuart Ensor was/is North Region Chairman but he may now be RAFAC National Chairman on the Civ Comm side. He was Flt Lt RAFVR(T)*

1 Like

This is one of the many quirks of the organisation that really should have died with the switch to CFC…

11 Likes

Not sure if still the case but in CS the BEM is/was awarded to those who had remained in non-managerial position for the whole of their career, in excess of 25 years.

25 years of taking no responsibility or someone who when over their normal TORs :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like