New RC South West (2019, Chalk in.)

That’s got to :fire:

3 Likes

Tally 1.

SW region seems to have a habit of losing Commandants…

1 Like

It’s cos we are so awesome, they just can’t handle it :rofl:

2 Likes

Ironic, really, as Eddy was one of those most keen on incorporating the CCF into the Regions.

Eddie was probably the best commander I have known. He was a loss to the organisation. Is the current name me leaving?

2 Likes

???
RC SW leaving?

Eddie was keen on a lot of stuff, but not bashing his face into a brick wall every day from what I understand. Liked by many too.

Pro volunteer, pro cadet, pro flying. Big fan of just making things happen and finding solutions…

3 Likes

Just seen “laugh” thread.

time to play catch up.

Maybe eddie could be encouraged to come back?

EDDIE FOR CMDT RAFAC

2 Likes

The evidence says yes!

We should all spam in to his mailbox asking for details on the job… :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

My first meeting with Gp Capt Cole, was him arguing for the sqn to keep something which benefitted the squadron, over disagreements from HQAC.

Sat down with sqn staff and looked at the pros and cons of the situation, and agreed that we should continue as normal, and he had our back.

Email landed a few hours later defining that support and to contact him if there was any issues.

Rather than finding why we shouldn’t, he was always there to find out how we could, and what he needed to do to help us do it.

9 Likes

Sounds like we need a lot of more “Coles” in the RC and even CAC positions!

2 Likes

Do you mean Rev Richard Coles. One time RAFAC padre and keyboard player of the communards.

5 Likes

Wonder why he quit?

He would be an ideal ambassador. Might be angood idea for hqac to have a padre ambassador. Help get padres engaging with every sqn.

5 Likes

Chief Padre of the RAFAC

He could sit on the command board.

3 Likes

Sadly, my first encounter was the opposite. On pitching a proposal to run an exercise with blank ammunition in the Wg for the first time, he said no and quoted rules that did not exist. I was not impressed

1 Like

what was his reaction when you questioned those rules?

Shame, as he was present on a Region exercise and was all for it.

Didn’t he visit Pagan and let it be renamed “Warrior” after a previous rebrand to “Wanderer”?

2 Likes