New Comms Syllabus

speak to your WRCO…they have been given everything you need to know and will be able to answer your questions…

I caught up with him yesterday was told “let me know when you want a Bronze course and I’ll run one at your Squadron”

have you answered your own question there??

Between posting the question and this morning I managed to get an answer out of Wing

I still haven’t seen the Blue syllabus?!

Blue Syllabus

Bronze Syllabus

ACTO 73 - Air Cadet Cyber and Communications

1 Like

From reading the information on the new syllabus, after completing the first class training the only extra step involved in obtaining of the blue badge would be to watch the cyber video.

1. Is this correct?

2. Has anyone as of yet been given access/a link to the video? I have not seen anything on Sharepoint.

Correct, watch the video and carry out a short practical assessment. (The Ice Breaker fulfills this role).

Is this video available anywhere?

Exactly what I have not been able to find out anywhere. We have two cadets that have been awarded the Blue badge from being away on other courses so the video must be available somewhere?

I’m off on a Blue Badge assessors course this weekend, will find out how we get hold of the video.

I have a copy will try and upload it to the ACC drive later

Thanks, but hardly a proper solution is it? :slightly_smiling:

I believe it is being issued to all accredited assessors as they undergo training.

That would be a bit daft. The accredited assessor is only needed for the final assessment; any member of the ACO can deliver the training (including showing a video) so long as they follow the syllabus. (ref: ACTO73-B-1)

I’m assuming that it’s too big for Sharepoint and will be available to all when it all moves to Ultilearn.

please see the Alpha Charlie website

this has been around before Sharepoint and fortunately has been updated with some useful resource, such as the videos

see

Thanks.

I just wish they had actually watched some social media and put together videos which were as slick and engaging as things some youtubers are putting together in their bedrooms and not simply overlaid some dweeb from Cosford onto other material.

Perhaps on v2.00, eh?

this was my thoughts 2 minutes in on the first…i haven’t brought myself to watch the second video!!
Slick is a very apt word, as it does seem a bit “school college project” thrown together in a lesson in places.

All that aside what I find most surprising is the presentation style, format, script none of that actually appeals to the audience…that being 12-13 year olds. by definition these are early “first class” level lessons and they seem a bit…dry

We got given a copy of the video along with a load of other lesson material on a disk by our Wing Radio Officer.