New approved SNCO/WO Staff Tie

Didn’t know there was such a thing. Does it look like this?

Not too bad a design. At least the colour sequence is correct.

Aha! It slants 045/225…like new new ATC WO/SNCO one…

wilf_san[/quote]

That’s the one. Mine came from Snaiths and I like to wear it on Fridays.

There’s also a RauxAF Regiment tie, which is the same but alternates the Regiment badge with the eagles. Both available only in thin polyester.

1 Like

Wow. A grand total of 69 ties ordered from the whole of LASER!
It’s proving to be slightly more popular than I expected it to be. :wink:

SW about the same

Total 300 so far

It’s enough to make it viable. Just.
I think they’ve made a crucial error though with the design and enforcing it as a WO/SNCO only item.

[quote=“wdimagineer2b” post=22675]It’s enough to make it viable. Just.
I think they’ve made a crucial error though with the design and enforcing it as a WO/SNCO only item.[/quote]

The WOs and SNCOs of late have been much more active in developing a more cohesive esprit de corps.

IMO It’s something that the Commissioned Officers are perhaps lacking? Views?

It also may become a bit pointless if they go VR(T) as well.

Just a thought - should ACC have a tie for, say, people who have more than 10,000 posts?

I’ve thought about it and I quite fancy one of these.

Price doesn’t sound bad. Guessing it’s polyester, not silk?

Also since I went: Cadet - Instructor Cadet - Civilian Instructor - Service Instructor - Civilian Instructor (briefly), am I going to have mare trying to get hold of one? I don’t mind fist fighting/mud wrestling/playing tiddlywinks against any SNCO (ATC) who feels the need to tell me to take it off…

Personally I think the design would have looked aesthetically better on either the RAFVR or a variation on the RAuxAF background - and that’s without any discussion as to whether the “RAF” striped design ought be reserved for regular branches.