MT Risk Assessing

you mean to say you haven’t been doing that routinely on all documents to ensure the “latest” version is being used? :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

In my experience, professional risk managers are not always best at assessing risks. Certainly in the school context I’ve had RAs imposed on me by the H&S manager which didn’t match the actual risks of the activity as assessed by me - the person who’s been carrying out that activity for 20 years.

At least the assessment of risks, if not the control measures, MUST IMO be done by the person actually carrying out the activity. Control measures could be suggested by them.

1 Like

I 100% agree, but when I come to write an RA about transport, I’ll base it on this. If someone at HQ is saying the risk matrix is a L2 I2, then me saying it’s a L2 I5 seems wrong. That’s why I made this thread, as I thought I might have the wrong end of the stick with the RA numbering. But evidently not.

1 Like

in my employed circles RA must be completed by at least two people
1 of which must be an experienced user of the kit/with the activity
1 of which must be an approved Risk Assessor

(the two can often be completed by one person, and so someone else needs to be brought in as a set of “outside eyes” to complete the RA)

its stops RA experts completing an RA, and likewise activity experts not understanding the RA process!