Issuing DPM or MTP. Or not as the case may be

Same. The trousers are workable.

The old style shirts were fantastic for the jungle. The new PCS ones were trapping a lot of heat and the UBACS were a solide colour with no pockets and stupid arm pockets.

If we could get the old DPM style and cut, in MTP. Then it would be bang on.

1 Like

Army are issued the “old” CS95 style for summer wear, they have the right idea. But the PCS shirts… I’d rather rub a cheese grater over my eyes. The warm weather variant was tolerable, but now they’ve got rid of that… yuck.

1 Like

I must admit, my local clothing supply is always willing to donate part worn PCS.

The barrack shirts are issued for year round wear in barracks (which basically means anywhere not in the field). I find the PCS jackets are fine to wear, especially untucked like they are supposed to be!

Unaware regarding the barrack wear, the MPGS here are instructed to wear them during summer months, from what they’ve told me.

Our dress regs require them in, or you’ll end up having a one way conversation with our SWO. I guess I’m just not a fan, I don’t find them comfortable to wear, I much prefer the old school CS95.

Fortunately ours only require them to be worn in “in barracks”. If in the outside world we have the option, and obviously for fieldcraft we untuck them. I also untuck it for fieldcraft or range work as otherwise I’d just be spending half my day tucking it in.

Seems like a bit of common sense there… that’s pretty dangerous…

I untucked mine whilst doing foot patrols for SSGF a few weeks ago, when the temperature was pushing 30, ended up having some rather shouty SSgt down my neck.