Is there an admin/SMS training course?

Yeah, I understand the process. But it was I think it’s the SyOps policy or similar that states BPSS for any access at all, no matter what level of permission.

One of the main things was for them to be able to upload registers to help with my work load :sweat_smile: (They were wanting to help, this wasn’t me forcing work on them!)

1 Like

So a quick look and the SyOps does say BPSS and it does say Staff Cadets.

Not sure how long that has been in place though.

To be honest I’d be tempted to ignore it if I was still running a unit certainly as far as “just able to add registers”

After leaving the organisation as a CWO and doing paper admin in the early '00s to returning some 15 or so years later first as a CI and now as an officer although SMS/Bader has some capacity problems it is for me a good easy to use asset. There are still some more workflow functions such as VA and mileage claims that could be developed into the software (i am aware of ongoing projects) it would also be nice to see the back of the paper 3822A with a sign up interface creating a record for the cadet and guardian etc.

Anything cadet portal based i find the FAQ page answers everything there. I took on the Adj role did the RA course and just worked things out by trying it. It doesnt take long to work out how events are operated and it has been in long enough that most staff will be SMEs

1 Like