Is it really that bad?

I would be really interested to know who told the person in question to remove the photo.

2 Likes

iā€™m interested - iā€™m a famous gossip, and i love a good witchunt - but i donā€™t think its important.

the point, for me, is that there are people in the ACO who were more interested in what the cadet was wearing than the astonishing fact that 3 cadets from the same Sqn had been in a glider more than once in the last decade.

the achievement of that Sqn to get that amount of gliding is, from out here in the wilds where iā€™m more likely to get permission to build a Trebuchet and use it to throw cadets over the walls of Harlech Castle than i am to get that number of gliding slots, so astonishing that i probably wouldnā€™t have noticed if the cadets concerned were dressed as Ben and Holly.

there is a way of couching ā€˜adviceā€™, iā€™m afraid its not something iā€™ve seen used much in the ACOā€¦

3 Likes

His Wing Warrant Officer.

Who I believe was met with a barrage of shouting and abuse in return from said CFAV. Make of that what you will but I donā€™t believe there is a place in the organisation for a member of staff who canā€™t sensibly discuss something with another CFAV without resorting to abusing the person down the phone no matter how much they do or donā€™t like it.

Depends on how the WWO approached the CFAV. Having met quite a few throbbers in my time in the ACO, maybe the WWO deserved to be spoken to forcefully, maybe not. However, I doubt weā€™ll ever know the exact text and tone that was used in that conversation.

4 Likes

If wearing a jumper over CS95 is mixed dress and not in the regs, how do you stand with cadets wearing hi-viz waistcoats over CS95?

3 Likes

Naughty

High-Vis is covered in para 0127.

Mixing different types of uniform is covered at 0110c. The wearing of civilian clothes to cover unifrom for security purposes is permitted by JSPs, routine orders and common sense but the uniform shoud be properly covered and you obviously donā€™t wear headdress :slight_smile:

We lift our regs straight from the RAF and make small adjustments as necessary. This is insufficient to properly accommodate the practicalities and realities of a uniformed youth organisation but it is what it is until people further up the chain amend it.

Which is why weā€™re not saying that the picture should be pulled because it lacks boots in which you can see your face and creases on which you can shave. Expecting cadets to be correctly dressed insofar as there is only one form of uniform per cadet is hardly Trooping the Colour standard.

It doesnā€™t matter what you look like as long as you are warm and dryā€¦

Iā€™ve removed a post here asking us to criticise other photos for uniform discrepancies.

We donā€™t like those as the ā€œoffenderā€ generally isnā€™t around to defend themselves and also thatā€™s not the purpose of this thread.

1 Like

For the rest of the day outside of when the photo was being taken, yes.

Because god forbid that photos should actually show reality.

Or, indeed, to show things that just donā€™t matter?

I simply donā€™t care about the fact that the, doubtless massively chuffed cadet who was also wearing a grin about half a mile wide, wore a blue jumper over his DPMā€™s to show off his wings. It matters to me far less than what brand of toilet roll the woman who lives 2 miles down the road uses - I simply donā€™t care.

My ex-wife doesnā€™t get a say in what I wear, or where I go, or who Iā€™m friends with - thatā€™s the down side (for her) of divorcing me. Perhaps the crabs and their fellow travelers ought to consider that the same principle applies to the ACOā€¦

4 Likes

For those of you wondering about the removed picture from yesterday.

I posted a Facebook picture of the south west regions wing warrant officers. It featured an incorrectly dressed WWO. It also featured, I believe, the same WWO who demanded the social media post of the incorrectly dressed cadet be taken down. Heā€™s not happy with incorrectly dressed cadets, but incorrectly dressed WWOā€™s is fine it would seem.

I was trying to make a point the organisation could learn from. Check your own historical social media posts before laying into other peoples.

And finally, a question to the admin. The picture of the poor cadet in question is still available via post 35 on this thread, yet the picture of the incorrectly dressed WWO you removed within hours. Why?

1 Like

Simple. You arenā€™t targeting the cadet with abuse, yet you are to the WWO and some have to the CFAV that posted it.

WWOā€™s, and RWOā€™s, ought to be big and ugly enough to cope with a bit of stick about their public use of double standards - or indeed not having the faintest grasp of the the job.

If not, theyā€™re in the wrong job, and they should get the brews in before opening the tuck shop.

Milk, two sugars.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not ā€œabusingā€ anyone. Iā€™m simply pointing out that there are staff out there who are not happy with pictures of incorrectly dressed cadets, yet arenā€™t bothered about pictures of incorrectly dressed staff. As Angus points out, itā€™s double standards. Not the best message to be presenting to potential recruits!

1 Like

I doubt potential recruits would care.
I doubt existing cadets would be that bothered.
I doubt that the majority of the staff would be bothered about being on message on uniform either.

1 Like

So that brings us quite neatly back to the start of the thread.

Why get so upset about a cadet incorrectly dressed, when no one cares?

2 Likes

Some people, obviously, do care.