Individual Actions in Formed-Up Squad from Position of At Ease when Clapping / Talking

I’m not responding, 2 reasons:

1. I WILL say something unwise. Funny (maybe… Debatably), but unwise.
  2. Pep’s gonna swing by at some point…
1 Like

Ok…now, I sort-of understand the logic behind this ‘revised’ approach. But surely there’s a paradox, here?

A Cadet not in part of a formed-up squad would come to attention/brace when independantly-speaking to/with an Officer or NCO, in a formal setting, as a default expectation…surely?

On that basis…why wouldn’t an individual Cadet as a seperate part of a formed-up squad come to attention when personally-speaking with whoever is I/C that group?

Thinks…during ‘For Inspection- Open Order’, an entire rank-row is brought to attention so as to be able to formally speak/be inspected.

It’s just it seems so odd that an individual wouldn’t be expected to come to attention if they were being directly spoken with…especially in a formal setting.

Can someone please explain the logic in this…I thought it was making sense to me, now it’s not.

Because cadets end up doing the lateral hokey cokey and you could be speaking to multiple cadets or the same cadet multiple times. It just creates a mess of moving bodies and a cacophony of stamping/shuffling feet.

1 Like